You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot continues running in the background

• background
  • process
  • open
  • windows

Alex OBrien

Alex OBrien
Posted
Posted

Morning,

I am the lastest version to come out over the last week (.18 I think). I can open it and use it, then after use I will close it, however it continues running in the background so meaning I cannot open it again without going through the rigmarole of going into the task manager. As windows doesn't identify it as an 'app' I can't force windows into preventing it remaining open in the background. Any way around this?

ThUntitled.jpg.d9f03b389f60e3115d7f953f02894916.jpganks 

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Something is preventing it from closing properly. I'm unable to reproduce this on my machine. Have you tried restarting your computer and trying again?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Alex OBrien
Posted
Posted

I have tried restarting numerous times, yes. This also happened on the previous 2 or 3 versions of xpilot i've used (over the total month or so I've being using vatsim)

Is it unsual that it doesn't appear in the list of applications in the windows settings? X-plane doesn't appear there either actually...

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

It definitely should. Does running xPilot as an administrator make any difference?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Alex OBrien
Posted
Posted

Doesn't make any noticeable difference unfortunately