You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

v3.2.1.25: no pilot client and no comm

Tony Koch

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

Occasionally, I encounter a flight for which the .inf command is unable to determine the pilot client. And these pilots respond to a Contact Me on frequency but text/voice is not received by me. Once the pilot was using vPilot, and on another occasion, Swift. This has happened when no difficulty is encountered with other aircraft.

Using v1.8.1 of AFV.

Anyone else run into this?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

.inf is supposed to be a supervisor-only command. Check with a supervisor next time you witness it and he can check further

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Tony Koch
Posted
Posted

According to the ES Wiki at https://www.euroscope.hu/wp/command-line-reference/ , the .inf command looks unrestricted.

The real issue is the intermitten broken communication. The absence of pilot client information may be irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...
Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

The command can be used by anyone. But only a SUP will get the full details. When connected with a rating without SUP permissions, the information received will be limited.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Lars Bergmann
Posted
Posted

.inf is nice to check whether a pilot is just afk/not listening for their callsign or has decided to tune 122.8 because they thought they'd already left your sector or whatever goes through their head when they just leave your frequency without being told to...