You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Text message problem !!

Michel GOLOMER

Michel GOLOMER
Posted
Posted

my versions are as follows: xPilot v1.2.1.0 - X Plane 11.41r1 -

In xPilot in text mode I notice that for most pilots the message starts like this:
callsign on 122.800 or the active frequency: followed by the message.

For my part, when I put a text message in xPilot, the message is formatted as follows:
callsign: follow-up of the message.

I may look at all the settings in xPilot and I can not find how to insert the frequency after the callsign ??

Thank you & good flights to all

1. si.php?id=269

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Can you give an example to what your problem is? The frequency part is there to denote which frequency it is transmitting on, you cannot change that.. But I suspect you have another problem, but a screenshot of what it looks like is probably the best thing. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Michel GOLOMER
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thank you for your reply ..

I send you a screenshot of xPilot, where TMC021  is me (current flight)

Screenshot_2.jpg

Edited by Michel GOLOMER
  1. si.php?id=269

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Oooooh I see what you mean now!

Okay so here is the thing: you have two radios in the airplane - COM1 and COM2. In order to not confuse you with what is being transmitted where, and also as a general reminder for you to see what frequency it is being recieved through, messages from other planes will look like that. However you can only transmit (send messages) on one frequency, which is identified by the white "TX" light on the top left next to COM1.

There is currently no setting to make your messages include the transmitted frequency.

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Michel GOLOMER
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your reply ..

Yes until then I thought, understood that .. COM1 COM 2, TX RX and only one frequency to transmit !!

So currently (even if I took the latest version of xPilot (Alpha 1.3.19) I will be in the same configuration ?? and I will not see the transmission frequency after my callsign ??
but then, last question : do the other planes see on what frequency I transmit ???

1. si.php?id=269

Michel GOLOMER
Posted
Posted

In addition to my last message and information taken with a colleague who also flies: 1) under xplane and 2) with xPilot: he can see the frequency of transmission after my callsign in my messages as well on Unicom as on other active frequencies !!
Thanks a lot for your answers  ..

1. si.php?id=269

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Yes, your messages show up with the callsign and frequency, in the same way as you see other people's messages. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new