You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New York Uncicom

Matthias Falzon

Matthias Falzon
Posted
Posted

Every time I change over to 122.8  after T/O from KJFK I end up getting an Automated Weather Observation, am I missing something here?

Also happens without Active Sky.

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

I'm assuming that this is a default sim-based ATIS, rather than something that's coming through Audio for VATSIM and/or your pilot client.

Which simulator are you using?

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Matthias Falzon
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Evan Reiter said:

I'm assuming that this is a default sim-based ATIS, rather than something that's coming through Audio for VATSIM and/or your pilot client.

Which simulator are you using?

P3D but I managed to solve it by turning off the voice settings in the sound options and un-ticking every ATC option I could find.

I also found this page https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/weather/asos/?state=NY , which seems to suggest that there is a weather station at KMAL using 122.8. 

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Matthias Falzon said:

P3D but I managed to solve it by turning off the voice settings in the sound options and un-ticking every ATC option I could find.

That was what I was going to suggest! You'll want to disable the FSX/P3D-generated weather stations as you've done, so they don't conflict with ATC frequencies. You can grab weather information online or just do ".wx" in your vPilot client to pull up the current METAR.

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager