You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No ATC?

• help

Bjarne Brueninghaus

Bjarne Brueninghaus
Posted
Posted

Hello.

I‘m pretty new to vatsim, and have a question. Max favourite Airport is Weeze Niederrhein, ICAO Is EDLV. For sadness, there Is no atc for this Airport, probably cause it’s really small. What should i do When i‘m flying with IFR? Are there and frequencies i can contact?

THX in advance.

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

If there is an enroute/CTR controller online you should talk to them, as IFR aircraft must maintain 2 way communication with ATC.

If there is no other ATC  monitor unicom frequency 122.800 on both voice and text, and announce your intentions, like Taxiing, crossing or entering runways, departing, joining circuit legs, on final approach and landing.

Refer to the pilot resource centre for more info. https://www.vatsim.net/pilot-resource-centre

• Thanks 1

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bjarne Brueninghaus said:

there Is no atc for this Airport, probably cause it’s really small. What should i do When i‘m flying with IFR? Are there and frequencies i can contact?

When you do not see any local aerodrome control for Niederrhein, check if EDDL_APP or EDGG_P_CTR/EDGG_CTR are active and contact them. I am not sure if the airport is located within the area of responsibility of EDDL_APP, but it certainly will be served by EDGG_P_CTR and by EDGG_CTR.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
  • Thanks 1

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

Also, check the remarks for those ATC stations if online - often, controllers will explicitly list airports for which they are willing to provide top-down coverage.

23.png

Bjarne Brueninghaus
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Tobias Dammers said:

Also, check the remarks for those ATC stations if online - often, controllers will explicitly list airports for which they are willing to provide top-down coverage.

Im using squawkbox for Xplane 11 and don‘t really know where to find These infos

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

This VATSIM map is a starting point. You can also use software like VATspy.

23.png

Connor Sedman
Posted
Posted
On 7/17/2020 at 5:22 PM, Tobias Dammers said:

This VATSIM map is a starting point. You can also use software like VATspy.

This will help but if your are stall conserent just message the controller on about and see if there are providing coverage on the ground at the airport that your are flying in or out 

• Thanks 1