You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TCAS override in 11.50-> ?

Lauri Uusitalo

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

As there seems to be some planes with TCAS issues with alpha and 11.50, why would this be? The new TCAS override method states

Existing aircraft most likely require no changes to pick up 19 traffic targets injected by TCAS override, since they are synced to the multiplayer datarefs.

what reason might cause e.g. Zibo(?) and Toliss lose TCAS functionality, if they do work ok with 11.41?

I have not tested these planes with 11.50 yet, but this seems to be the case based on forums.

ACH2118.jpg

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

Yeah, same with the FF320...no TCAS anymore 😞

Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, can we get some help here? There are still some very popular planes that cannot depict TCAS traffic on the ND anymore by using XP11.50 beta and the last Alpha-build xPilot. And obviously the devs don't see any need to adapt something on their side. So how can we fix that? Would it be possible to have an older Alpha-version made available for download?

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Older Alpha is available, check the pinned topics, but it will not work with 11.50 as far as I have understood.

Sorry, mixed alpha and beta... why does it have to be this difficult...

Edited by Lauri Uusitalo
ACH2118.jpg

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Because Justin is very diligently trying to create a viable pilot client for a new version of X-Plane that isn't even officially released yet and is on, what, it's sixteenth beta version so far?

Have some patience, and if you're really that annoyed by bugs and glitches, consider perhaps NOT electing to run a Beta release of your simulator. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2020 at 3:43 PM, Franz Ruettimann said:

Hey guys, can we get some help here? There are still some very popular planes that cannot depict TCAS traffic on the ND anymore by using XP11.50 beta and the last Alpha-build xPilot. And obviously the devs don't see any need to adapt something on their side. So how can we fix that? Would it be possible to have an older Alpha-version made available for download?

i think it has more to do with the aircraft addon it self. Tolis A319 and A321 are working perfectly fine with xp 11.50 beta and the xPilot alpha. They depict TCAS very well. 
Other aircraft like the FFa320 doesnt. So i thinks its more up to Flight Factor to get the bug fixed

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2020 at 11:22 PM, Robert Shearman Jr said:

Because Justin is very diligently trying to create a viable pilot client for a new version of X-Plane that isn't even officially released yet and is on, what, it's sixteenth beta version so far?

Have some patience, and if you're really that annoyed by bugs and glitches, consider perhaps NOT electing to run a Beta release of your simulator. 

I do not underestimate his efforts and actually I am not using 11.50 yet. My question was purely that if there should have been no changes needed to 3rd party planes because of the TCAS in 11.50, then why there have been reports about this not working.

But as @Nico Paetzold confirmed, TCAS works fine with Toliss. Of which I am happy about.

ACH2118.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Franz Ruettimann
Posted
Posted
On 7/25/2020 at 6:35 PM, Nico Paetzold said:

i think it has more to do with the aircraft addon it self. Tolis A319 and A321 are working perfectly fine with xp 11.50 beta and the xPilot alpha. They depict TCAS very well. 
Other aircraft like the FFa320 doesnt. So i thinks its more up to Flight Factor to get the bug fixed

Yeah, looks like - but Flight Factor having to fix a bug is something than can go 1-2 years 😞