You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Networked X-Plane 11 setup.. possible?

Mike Evans

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

So I've read the docs, but I'm not sure if what I'm wanting to do is possible..

I'm creating a networked setup for a home cockpit, where there are two instances of X-Plane 11 networked together.. one is the master machine, that runs the flight model, generates the PFD & ND displays, etc, while the other machine strictly generates external visuals. Is it possible to run swift in this setup, where the multiplayer aircraft can be injected into both instances of the simulator? The master instance to provide TCAS data, and the visual machine to actually display traffic out the windows.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Mike Evans

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Mike,

that's a good question. For starters, you can run swift in "Distributed Mode": http://swift-project.org/docs/manual/distributedswift/

I will pass on your question to our team and see what they have to say.

EDIT: reply added

Interesting use case! Unfortunately I don't think it's possible in the foreseeable future, but we'll keep it in mind for potential future development.

If you inject the traffic data into the computer with the visual system and find a way to also transfer this information to your main computer, this might solve your problem.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

If you inject the traffic data into the computer with the visual system and find a way to also transfer this information to your main computer, this might solve your problem.

That's the catch.. because the traffic data comes from swift core, yes? So I'd need a way to get it to both machines..

Mike Evans

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, it does come from swiftCore. We have had a discussion on our Discord and at the moment the only possibility to work with swift would be to have a permanent shared cockpit = 2 connections to VATSIM.