You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Know Any Website Showing Flight Paths of Vatsim Flights

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I always use Vatstats.net website to view statistical results of each of all my past Vatsim flights and look on maps showing flight paths of each of my Vatsim flights.

Now Vatstats.net no longer display maps showing flight paths of Vatsim flights because administrators of that website say it costs 400 bucks a month to use Google maps for that.

So does anybody know other website showing past Vatsim flights along with map results showing flight paths on the maps on each of Vatsim flight, please?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

John Koranteng
Posted
Posted

evening!
Use map.vatsim.net 
Then on the search bar, change the search query to User and type in your CID. It should pull out some of your latest flights, and you can take a detailed view of one of your filght. 

• Like 2

John K
VATSIM Membership Department - Data Auditing
[email protected]

vatsim_250.png.cb6bb5fa2b0b19b9301c46c1dea85658.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I had no idea there was so much data in that John.  Thank you for pointing it out, it is my now favourite page.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, John Koranteng said:

Use map.vatsim.net Then on the search bar, change the search query to User and type in your CID. It should pull out some of your latest flights, and you can take a detailed view of one of your filght. 

@John Koranteng,

Thanks for great answer.  It seems to solve my problems and now I can pinpont precise locations of flight paths of my Vatsim flights to help me identify each of millions of my screenshots to be edited and published on various aviation forums.

One tiny problem is that I cannot find zoom in or out function on maps of the amazing map.vatsim.net website. I can manage to zoom in or out using my mouse touchpad the same way anyone do on screen of cell phone to zoom in or out.

Once again, thanks for great answer and for solving my problem.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted
On 7/23/2020 at 3:48 PM, Aharon Dayan said:

I always use Vatstats.net website to view statistical results of each of all my past Vatsim flights and look on maps showing flight paths of each of my Vatsim flights.

Now Vatstats.net no longer display maps showing flight paths of Vatsim flights because administrators of that website say it costs 400 bucks a month to use Google maps for that.

So does anybody know other website showing past Vatsim flights along with map results showing flight paths on the maps on each of Vatsim flight, please?

Regards,

Aharon

Don't know if the vatstats.net folks are reading this, but... OpenStreetMaps is a thing, tile data is available for free, and using it through e.g. leaflet.js isn't rocket science.

23.png

Nick Harasym
Posted
Posted

Yup I'm reading 🙂 vatstats.net is a site I wrote years ago before taking part directly in Vatsim infrastructure.  100% the data is available for free however with full time job and maintaining Vatsim servers, I just don't have the time.

Wanna help convert to other options?

Nick Harasym
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer 
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
7JRF7kO.png

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

Sent you a PM.

23.png

• 1 month later...
Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

The Vatsim map suggested by @John Koranteng is doing nice job showing all of my Vatsim flights' flight paths BUT the Vatsim map does not show names of streets, towns, roads, highways, etc the same way Google maps in Vatstats.net website always show.

Without names of streets, towns, highways, mountains, roads, etc,  it makes it difficult for to write efficient screenshot flight reports.

Is is possible to merge flight path from map in Vatsim map with Google map?

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

James Drake
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Aharon Dayan said:

Without names of streets, towns, highways, mountains, roads, etc,  it makes it difficult for to write efficient screenshot flight reports.

If you zoom in far enough and select the tag icon (see screenshot), you can see all the information you requested.

Annotation 2020-09-07 223146.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

@James Drake,

I already tried that many times before and it did not work.  Do not know why it works for you and not for me.  Let me try again.  Thanks for letting me know that vatsim map has functions of showing names of streets or lakes or so on.

Regards,

Aharon

• Like 1
CQwL8Nm.png

• 8 months later...
Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Sorry to bring up this old thread but fantastic Vatstats.net is still not showing maps and the other website method map.vatsim.net is not working properly

Anybody have better suggestion for any website showing Vatsim flights and the specific flight path routes of the planes based on CID pilot account number please??

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted (edited)

Try Volanta Aharon.

https://volanta.app/

Edited by Sean Harrison

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
On 5/13/2021 at 1:51 AM, Sean Harrison said:

Try Volanta Aharon.

https://volanta.app/

Thanks for answer

Does it show street names, road names, highway names, mountain names, river names, etc etc, please?

Regards.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png