You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to edit Flightplan after Pre-File

Christopher Trott

Christopher Trott
Posted
Posted

This was an issue raised a while ago and I thought I saw it had been fixed, but it seems that there is still a problem with Pre-File "locking" a flightplan from edit by the pilot.  By this, I mean that if I pre-file a flightplan and then sign on, pull the flightplan, submit it, and then afterward need to edit it before departure (or even enroute while outside ATC coverage) those changes will show fine on my end and even "fetch from server" in vPilot will pull the edited FP, but everywhere else (ATC, VATSpy, VATAWARE, etc) will still show the old FP.  The only way I've ever been able to clear this issue is signing off and back on again at least once.  This is kinda frustrating since there are plenty of times where you do flight planning, the weather changes, and you need to file a new STAR or SID because of the runway change and you can't without having to break your connection because of this.  I had this happen again today when SimBrief gave me one STAR into KDFW, but the winds picked up enroute more than forecast, so I went ahead and changed the STAR to the appropriate one.  However, hours later when I came into range of ATC, they said my FP still showed the old STAR.

Chris Trott

Westwind Airlines - http://www.flywestwind.org

Houston, Texas

Joshua Black
Posted
Posted

This is so that you don’t edit your Flightplan without ATC approval after they’ve made changes to it.  If in controlled airspace, ask the controller to change it for you. If you’re not actively talking to ATC, or you haven’t received your clearance on the ground yet, the workaround for that is to sign off, then resend the flight plan via the online prefile system, then sign back in. Works every time.

Joshua Black