You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

swift OBS (Co-pilot) Mode problem

• obs
  • co-pilot

Kirill Filippov

Kirill Filippov
Posted
Posted

Hi,

SWIFT can use shared-cocpit? Or does it need a third-party SmartCoPilot plugin in addition? Or does the provided function in SWIFT make it impossible to fly in the same cockpit?

Thanks!

Aidan Deschene
Posted
Posted

To fly co-pilot you will need to utilize a third-party plugin such as SmartCoPilot (which is payware, and you mentioned above). The Swift "shared-cockpit" mode is used by the co-pilot to connect to the VATSIM network, but as an observer, and can not be used for your partner to connect inside of your aircraft and use any controls, etc. : but only allows the user to receive and transmit on radio frequencies, and pick up surrounding traffic through their simulator.

I recommend you checkout this documentation on the Swift co-pilot observer feature: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/spc/flightwithswift/sharedcockpit/

And you and your partner check out investing in SmartCoPilot or other addons to fly in the same plane to simulate a 2-person cockpit environment.

crisp_logo.png
Aidan Deschene
Training Administrator
VATSIM Cleveland ARTCC
[email protected]

Kirill Filippov
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Aidan Deschene said:

To fly co-pilot you will need to utilize a third-party plugin such as SmartCoPilot (which is payware, and you mentioned above). The Swift "shared-cockpit" mode is used by the co-pilot to connect to the VATSIM network, but as an observer, and can not be used for your partner to connect inside of your aircraft and use any controls, etc. : but only allows the user to receive and transmit on radio frequencies, and pick up surrounding traffic through their simulator.

I recommend you checkout this documentation on the Swift co-pilot observer feature: https://dev.swift-project.org/w/help/spc/flightwithswift/sharedcockpit/

And you and your partner check out investing in SmartCoPilot or other addons to fly in the same plane to simulate a 2-person cockpit environment.

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
Gonzalo Barreiro
Posted
Posted
On 7/24/2020 at 4:51 PM, Aidan Deschene said:

Hi, was wondering if by having two pilots with purchased licenses of smartcopilot you can both recieve and transmit on vatsim with 1 user´s vatsim account. can you do that with swift? Thanks!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Yes, you can. One pilot will connect as regular flight to VATSIM and the other pilot will connect to VATSIM in "Observer Mode" to be invisible to ATC and other pilots. We have several members using swift who are flying as shared cockpit.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

He asked about doing it with one user's VATSIM account. I'm assuming swift doesn't do it that way since it would be against VATSIM policies, unless something has changed that I'm not aware of. 

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Claude ROULLIER
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Yes both pilots can receive and transmit. Depend of the planes, but in some case, one can use TX1 / RX1, while the other use TX2 / RX2.

Obviously, each pilot need a Vatsim acount.

There is a specific setting to fly in a shared cockpit:

http://swift-project.org/docs/manual/spc/advloginscreen/

• Like 1

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

He asked about doing it with one user's VATSIM account.

Thanks, I missed this detail.

Technically, this could be done through swift, I believe. It just has to be run on two separate systems, because can be run only once at a time on one computer. But as you wrote, per VATSIM regulations one must never open two or more connections to VATSIM with the same VATSIM credentials.