You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Planes sounding like Cessna 172

Bastian Gross

Bastian Gross
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I hope you can help me with my current issue. Im currently using Xp11 and since 3 or 4 weeks there is a issue that every plane is sounding like a default Cessna 172 by Laminar (XP11 Default). Since then, there are also 2 to 3 Cessna 172 spawn always at my current location, where ever I fly from/to.

I hope there will be a fix for that.

Thank you already!

Bastian Gross

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I don't think VATSIM is the cause of this problem.  Try a flight *without* starting your VATSIM Pilot Client and see if it still happens. 

When starting a flight on X-Plane, choosing "Customize" when selecting the user's aircraft brings up a window in which you may select a livery.  I'm not at my computer right now but I believe it's that window on which a small button labeled "AI Aircraft" appears.  Open that up and remove anything listed there.  Those are added by YOUR simulator, not by VATSIM -- and the planes added in X-Plane by VATSIM typically do NOT make sounds (that I'm aware of -- I could be wrong on that last point).

Hope that helps. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Bastian Gross
Posted
Posted

Hi Robert,

thank you very much for your Help. I fixed the first issue with your help that I have to delete the AI Planes.

The other thing with the sounds of the plane models/players came from my Xpilot, I think. I just updated my Xpilot client and the issue was gone.

So thank you very much for your help. 😄 

Have a nice day!

Bastian