You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Kai Tak METAR

William Su

William Su
Posted
Posted

I'm trying to post an ATIS for Kai Tak (VHHX) airport. However, since there isn't a METAR for the airport, vATIS won't let me put an ATIS up. Is there any way to clone the METAR from Hong Kong International (VHHH) to VHHX?

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

I don't think so, since the airport you will be searching for is VHHX. I don't know which ATC client you are using, but you may be able to manipulate the ATIS using Euroscope, but I am not sure about that.

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

William Su
Posted
Posted
On 8/3/2020 at 4:34 AM, Morten Jelle said:

I don't think so, since the airport you will be searching for is VHHX. I don't know which ATC client you are using, but you may be able to manipulate the ATIS using Euroscope, but I am not sure about that.

I tried with Euroscope, but it wasn't liking it. I was thinking that somone from the software developmet team might be able to make changes on the back end when they get the time. 

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

That is 99% not going to happen, because the airport is closed in real world. Just like a lot of other airports that are closed in real world doesn't get others metars as well. 

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Since Kai Tak is still a popular airport at VATSIM, it might be worth checking with the Development team of VATSIM if they could simply create a copy of the VHHH's METAR and insert it as "VHHX" into VATSIM's METAR stream.

• Like 2