You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Made A VATSIM Discord Bot

Arvin Abdollahzadeh

Arvin Abdollahzadeh
Posted
Posted

Hey All! I'm Arvin!

I've made a bot for vatsim which is very handy, called BriefBot. 

The bot can get statistics and information about people via their cid, e.g .cid 1460924,

image.png.b3548850d23c945988929ec50623e472.png

as well as get information about an ongoing or prefiled flight, via the .callsign [CALLSIGN] command.

image.thumb.png.fa396e3044650158eefa7b1ca96695ac.png

Another command is the ability to add group flights, using the .add command. It's very interactive with prompts and intelligent solutions for example checking if you have provided a real airport, and retrieves metar, etc.

image.thumb.png.c8fce2c331282e9e9943a8ebcd13d9bb.png

Another very great command is the .pack command, which retrieves almost ALL information about an aerodrome via the icao code, e.g .pack OIFM

It provides information about navaids, frequencies, runways, etc. It's a very nice command.

The standard .metar and .taf commands are there also, and a .suggest command to suggest group flights.

Please leave any feedback and suggestions!

The bot can be added here: https://discord.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=725022640573513739&permissions=8&scope=bot

Happy flying!

• Like 1

Harrison Dowding
Posted
Posted

Nicely done, let me know if you need any help with some VATSIM API's, as I also run a VATSIM discord bot called VATSIMData.

Arvin Abdollahzadeh
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Harrison Dowding said:

Nicely done, let me know if you need any help with some VATSIM API's, as I also run a VATSIM discord bot called VATSIMData.

Thanks for the feedback and many thanks for the offer! Likewise if you have any questions feel free to DM me on arvin#6145

• 7 months later...
Timothy Lehnert
Posted
Posted

Hey, why is the bot down? It was such a great idea...

• 5 weeks later...
Mubarak Ahmed
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately the bot went offline, it was a great idea.

MUBARAK AHMED 

Operations Director | Deputy Director

VATSIM Middle East & North Africa | North East Africa vACC              

[email protected]
[email protected]

1PekhN2x1-GAM4u5ON4tduRByXh8wYj4n

• 3 months later...
Harrison Dowding
Posted
Posted (edited)

*removed*

Edited by Harrison Dowding

Nathaniel Miller
Posted
Posted
On 7/31/2020 at 3:42 AM, Arvin Abdollahzadeh said:

Hey All! I'm Arvin!

I've made a bot for vatsim which is very handy, called BriefBot. 

The bot can get statistics and information about people via their cid, e.g .cid 1460924,

image.png.b3548850d23c945988929ec50623e472.png

as well as get information about an ongoing or prefiled flight, via the .callsign [CALLSIGN] command.

image.thumb.png.fa396e3044650158eefa7b1ca96695ac.png

Another command is the ability to add group flights, using the .add command. It's very interactive with prompts and intelligent solutions for example checking if you have provided a real airport, and retrieves metar, etc.

image.thumb.png.c8fce2c331282e9e9943a8ebcd13d9bb.png

Another very great command is the .pack command, which retrieves almost ALL information about an aerodrome via the icao code, e.g .pack OIFM

It provides information about navaids, frequencies, runways, etc. It's a very nice command.

The standard .metar and .taf commands are there also, and a .suggest command to suggest group flights.

Please leave any feedback and suggestions!

The bot can be added here: https://discord.com/api/oauth2/authorize?client_id=725022640573513739&permissions=8&scope=bot

Happy flying!

Nicely done... too bad you could not port that to Teamspeak3 servers... As I rarely use Discord very often... I don't like to install that joke of a program its as bad as Malware as it is put into the registry improperly and hard to remove when it crashes...  (I have to use a program called "Geek" to get rid of it...)

It's got too many bugs, and I as a former I.T Person (20+ years) recommend you run it in a browser and send problem reports to Discord so they can actually fix the damn thing..  at least the install...

GEESH what a bloody mess to use it...

Respectfully,

FA/MM N.A Miller, USN Ret.

"Here's to our Navy and all the good things it stands for..."

Adm Rockwell Torrey, USN (John Wayne) In Harm's Way -- 1965