You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATUSA Training Academy - Open Enrollment

Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted (edited)

The VATUSA Training Department is happy to announce that the long awaited Open Enrollment into the ATC Training Academy will finally commence on Monday, November 13.

This means that any S1 within the Division, regardless of when they joined, can voluntarily enroll in the ATC Academy and undergo the same training in Basic ATC, Clearance Delivery, Ground Operations, and Local Control that new VATUSA controllers are required to complete. Open enrollment students who graduate will also earn the Senior Student rating.

Members wishing to participate in open enrollment will submit an online request to transfer into the Academy which will be reviewed and approved by the VATUSA Training Department. Once the request is approved the member will follow the same guidelines and policies which are outlined in the ATC Academy SOP for new VATUSA controllers. The online request form URL along with more detailed information will be provided on November 13.

Questions or concerns regarding open enrollment should be addressed to the VATUSA Training Department.

Edited by Guest

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

Great news!

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Jason Sutton 879715
Posted
Posted
This means that any S1 within the Division, regardless of when they joined, can voluntarily enroll in the ATC Academy and undergo the same training...

Just to clarify for some of the newer members who may not know...S1 refers to the very first Student level and it's what some of us at VATUSA still use to cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ify brand new students. However VATSIM actually calls it a Student 2. There has been some confusion since the NOTAM was issued as to what the S1 rating actually was. So I hope this helps some of you.

• 4 weeks later...
Justin Deyoe
Posted
Posted

i signed up with the Training school site and it said I will be receiving a email regading the application, however, i just got in contact with my former ARTCC ZBW that was doing my training. It hd appeared that i was pulled from the roster, but then after talking to the ATM he said I could be put back ono the roster. I don't know what my options are at this point can someone help? I would rather stay with ZBW, since I have done a pile of work already to get where I am at. If someone can help please contact me. Thank you

Justin Deyoe

2636.png

Jason Herman 911755
Posted
Posted
i signed up with the Training school site and it said I will be receiving a email regading the application, however, i just got in contact with my former ARTCC ZBW that was doing my training. It hd appeared that i was pulled from the roster, but then after talking to the ATM he said I could be put back ono the roster. I don't know what my options are at this point can someone help? I would rather stay with ZBW, since I have done a pile of work already to get where I am at. If someone can help please contact me. Thank you

Justin Deyoe

Justin,

You were never removed from our roster at vZBW, you were simply marked as "inactive" on our internal roster database. Please contact me through e-mail and we can speak with Jason Sutton to rectify the situation per my previous instructions.

Thanks,

Jason

"HN"

Justin Deyoe
Posted
Posted

Justin Deyoe

Justin,

You were never removed from our roster at vZBW, you were simply marked as "inactive" on our internal roster database. Please contact me through e-mail and we can speak with Jason Sutton to rectify the situation per my previous instructions.

Thanks,

Jason

Already done, this was posted before i spoke with you, or shortly after by accident. Thanks Jason

2636.png