You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot 1.3.21 Is Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.3.21 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• xPilot is now open-source
  • Client configuration file is now serialized in JSON. Upgrades from earlier versions will require reconfiguration.
  • Add volume knob control override option
  • Add option to change the aircraft label distance
  • Improve NetMQ message queuing
  • Update XPMP2 library

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

This version marks the first Stable version of xPilot since its initial release. I did not anticipate keeping xPilot in beta/alpha for such an extended time, but I felt now was a good time to transition its development stage as to not keep tagging it as a "perpetual beta". I believe for the most part all of the major issues that caused crashes have now been addressed. If your X-Plane does crash and the log suggests that xPilot was the culprit, please file a bug report.

• Like 2

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Marco Peters
Posted
Posted

Very stable for me. Skipped the updates between .15 and .21 because, after going back to .15 due to crashes . Was a little anxious to update, but decided to do so anyway because .15 was showing issues with B16.

using x-plane 11.5b17 and .21 of xpilot and it's very stable. great job and thanks for improving!

Stephen Kruse
Posted
Posted

xPilot causes severe screen flicker in X-Plane 11.50b17 (not sure about earlier versions as I just noticed this) when using VR and trying to open a map window.  I have to exit VR mode and close the map window then reenable VR to get it things working again.  I hadn't noticed this before so I'm not sure if the is related to xPilot 1.3.21 or if it existed previously.  If I disable the xPilot plugin in Plugin Admin, I do not have this issue.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Probably a better idea to open a new topic @Stephen Kruse 😉 

Me.

Stephen Kruse
Posted
Posted

Will do.  Thanks Nestor.

• Justin Shannon locked and unpinned this topic