You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Main interface window hides update notification window

Mihail Tomov

Mihail Tomov
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Version 1.3.21 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• xPilot is now open-source
  • Client configuration file is now serialized in JSON. Upgrades from earlier versions will require reconfiguration.
  • Add volume knob control override option
  • Add option to change the aircraft label distance
  • Improve NetMQ message queuing
  • Update XPMP2 library

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

This version marks the first Stable version of xPilot since its initial release. I did not anticipate keeping xPilot in beta/alpha for such an extended time, but I felt now was a good time to transition its development stage as to not keep tagging it as a "perpetual beta". I believe for the most part all of the major issues that caused crashes have now been addressed. If your X-Plane does crash and the log suggests that xPilot was the culprit, please file a bug report.

Hi, I have been having issues updating not only this one, but also previous versions. The main window stays over the update notification window and there is nothing I can do to bring the update window forward in order to perform the update. Of course, I can update download manually the new version, but I guess that's not the purpose of the update notification.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Do you have the "Keep xPilot window visible" option enabled?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Mihail Tomov
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Justin Shannon said:

Do you have the "Keep xPilot window visible" option enabled?

Yes (I guess)

Dick Tucker
Posted
Posted

Same problem, last couple of version too.