You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unhandled exception xPilot 1.3.22 and 1.3.23

Michael Meister

Michael Meister
Posted
Posted

I was running xPilot 1.3.20 ok. After upgrade to V 1.3.22, when attempting to connect to Vatsim an error window pops up saying:
"Unhandled exception: It was tried to load a file with a wrong format (Exception of HRESULT: 0x8007000B)" - see first attachment.

The xPilot window (see second attachment) shows connection to xPlane, network and voice server established. When I close the exception window, another window pops up (attachment 3): "xPilot stopped working"

Upon launching xPilot, xPlane reports that xPilot has successfully connected (see Attachment 4).

The same result happens after upgrade to xPilot 1.3.23.

I uninstalled xPilot several times and reinstalled it, but without success. Always the result as described above.

Exception.PNG

xpilot.PNG

xPilotstopsworking.PNG

xPlane.PNG

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Can you locate the GloablExceptions.txt file in the xPilot app directory and upload its contents? By default, xPilot is installed in %localappdata%\xPilot.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Michael Meister
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

I'm impressed by the swift response. See the GlobalExceptions file attached.

GlobalExceptions.PNG

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Michael. Please check your private messages.

Michael Meister
Posted
Posted

Hello Justin,

after installing and pressing connect, another error message shows up;

"Unhandled Exception: DLL Vatsim.FSD.ClientAuth.dll : the module was not found, Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) couldn't be loaded.

I had rebooted the  computer, uninstalled xPilot and reinstalled your installation package.

xPilot reported that connection to xplane, network and voice server was established.

DLLnotfound.PNG

xpilot1.PNG

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Can you conform that the Vatsim.Fsd.ClientAuth.dll exists in the xPilot folder? If it does, make sure it’s not being blocked (I.e by an antivirus). 

Edited by Justin Shannon

Michael Meister
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

the Vatsim.Fsd.ClientAuth.dll exists in the xPilot folder. I can't find evidence that it is blocked. The access  properties of the dll (when right clicking on it in the explorer window) are set to full access.

What should I try next?