You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error connecting to voice server: connect failed (Forbidden - )

Kristian Lavarone

Kristian Lavarone
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

So I've been a pilot for vatsim for a few years now and I've been active the entire time. However, about 4-5 months ago, I started controlling too. Here is the problem I am facing;

I log on as an ATC observer using AFV and euroscope, and am able to connect to the voice servers and observe/control normally. 

4-5 hours later, I will open up P3Dv4 and open up Vpilot, and when I click connect, im faced with the error message "Error connecting to voice server: connect failed (Forbidden - )" 

So I figured that there is a slight delay in the system from knowing when I am logged in as a controller, and logged in as a pilot. However, it has been more then 24 hours, and I still get this error message. 

Vpilot still connects and runs normally, however with no connection to the voice servers. I have not touched or opened my controlling AFV or Euroscope since, or had my account de/reactived recently.

Is anyone able to help sort this out, so that I don't have to wait 24 hours+ to fly after I control?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

This is not the case at all, can you try updating your vPilot to the latest version and see if that helps? 

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Kristian Lavarone
Posted
Posted

Yup, Tried that a no luck, also tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, yet still getting the problem.

I have only ever faced this problem when I went from controlling to flying or vis versa. Normally the error message goes away after a few hours, however this time, its been giving the message for 48 hours +, which makes me wonder if it will go away this time.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I can assure you that your account is in good standing, and there is nothing from a Membership perspective that is preventing you from connecting.

Are you certain that your controlling client has completely shut down?  Maybe try a reboot?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations