You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"Error connecting to voice server."

Andrew Turner

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

New pilot - everything seems to work fine when connecting (I can see other aircraft) except radio audio, and I'm getting these messages when connecting:

[15:05:51] [SERVER] Welcome back to VATSIM! Our new voice technology is now live - if you have any questions or need support visit vats.im/audio for required downloads, instructions and tutorial videos. If you need further support visit the Audio for VATSIM forums at vats.im/afv
[15:05:51] Error connecting to voice server. Please check your login credentials and try again. If your VATSIM account is new, please allow up to 24-hours for your account to completely synchronize.

I've looked around to see if I could find an answer, but haven't found anything that seems to specifically address this.

Any help appreciated!

thanks,

Andrew

Alejandro Padilla Valderrama
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi !

I'm back to Vatsim due a inactivity by 7 years aprox, I've installed P3D and vPilot last week, in monday I reactivated my CID 982707, when I connect to a Vatsim server, it threw a voice server error.

Here the attached pic, what would I do to get a voice?

Thank you

Vatsimerror.PNG

Edited by Nestor Perez
Merged topics

Claus Hemberg Joergensen
Posted
Posted

Hello Andrew.

Not brand new it seems, looking at your CID 🙂  The  up to 24-hour synchronization delay also occurs for reactivations, so in case you have just reactivated your VATSIM account,  that is probably the reason.  

Claus Hemberg Joergensen
Vatsim Membership Manager - Americas

vatsim_250.png.cb6bb5fa2b0b19b9301c46c1dea85658.png

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Hi Claus - TRUE! - not new, but haven't used it in a very, very long time... in fact, I don't remember using it at all 🙂

Anyway - I believe it was re-activated two days ago, but I'm not sure how to tell. As noted, I'm able to connect now (and see other aircraft), but I wasn't prior to the reactivation - so I assumed it's complete.

Any thoughts?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Merged 2 topics into this one.

Credentials on the voice server are now synchronized instantly. That said, it does care about capitalization; whereas the network servers don't. Are you 100% sure that the capitalization of your password is exactly as it is in the password you were provided?

EDIT: I can't even see a login attempt in the voice server authentication logs. I'll bring this to the attention of the team.

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Nestor Perez said:

Credentials on the voice server are now synchronized instantly. That said, it does care about capitalization; whereas the network servers don't. Are you 100% sure that the capitalization of your password is exactly as it is in the password you were provided?

EDIT: I can't even see a login attempt in the voice server authentication logs. I'll bring this to the attention of the team.

Password... all numbers 😉 so capitalization shouldn't be an issue...

Thanks Nestor!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Andrew, in the meantime you may want to give a password reset a try. Doesn't fix the server issue, but might allow you to connect.

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Nestor Perez said:

Andrew, in the meantime you may want to give a password reset a try. Doesn't fix the server issue, but might allow you to connect.

Will do, thank you.

Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Alejandro Padilla Valderrama said:

Hi !

I'm back to Vatsim due a inactivity by 7 years aprox, I've installed P3D and vPilot last week, in monday I reactivated my CID 982707, when I connect to a Vatsim server, it threw a voice server error.

Here the attached pic, what would I do to get a voice?

Thank you

Vatsimerror.PNG

I've read this topic, I've changed my password, but not working, what can I do to solve this? please

regards

Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Nestor Perez said:

Andrew, mientras tanto, es posible que quieras probar un restablecimiento de contraseña. No soluciona el problema del servidor, pero puede permitirle conectarse.

Hi Nelson.

As I changed yesterday the password, and my CID has reactivated on Monday, and the error still appear.

I reinstalled the vPilot and also a Simconnect, FSUIPC, nothing works here.

Please help me.

Thank you.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Just reading through x-plane.org, I found a note that xPilot isn't compatible with the 11.50 Vulkan/Metal update. 

However, I don't know if that means that it's incompatible only if Vulkan is active; I'm currently installing a second non-beta version to find out.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Andrew, that is old news.  xPilot 1.3 and beyond is compatible with X-Plane 11.5.  Anyway, it would have nothing to do with the error you're getting, which is about a voice server authentication issue.

I read somewhere that there was some bug where un-banned users were able to log on to the FSD server but were not un-banned from voice.  Since your account was inactive and re-activated, I wonder if you're suffering from a related bug.  Generally speaking, new accounts and new passwords will make it around to all of the FSD servers (the ones you choose from to log onto -- USA-East, UK-1, Canada, etcetera) one at a time, then lastly will make it to the voice server.  The whole process takes up to a full 24 hours, which is why we say your account might take that long to start working when first created.  The error you're seeing has to do with being authenticated by the FSD server but rejected by the voice server.

Note that every time you reset your password, that clock starts over.  So what I would recommend is that you reset your password ONE final time, wait 24 hours, and try again.  In the meantime, there are a few folks from the Membership team here who may investigate and comment.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Claus Hemberg Joergensen
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

In the meantime, there are a few folks from the Membership team here who may investigate and comment.

Sure 🙂 if Robert's suggestion doesn't help,  please visit https://membership.vatsim.net/  and open a support ticket, so we can have a thorough look at it.

• Like 1

Claus Hemberg Joergensen

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Claus Hemberg Joergensen said:

Sure 🙂 if Robert's suggestion doesn't help,  please visit https://membership.vatsim.net/  and open a support ticket, so we can have a thorough look at it.

Thanks Claus - is there a way that we can check our account status (whether our credentials will work to launch xPilot with voice server) without launching xPilot?

Claus Hemberg Joergensen
Posted
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Andrew Turner said:

Thanks Claus - is there a way that we can check our account status (whether our credentials will work to launch xPilot with voice server) without launching xPilot?

Well...in a way. I guess that the membership dashboard at https://cert.vatsim.net/sso/home/dashboard/  is the best way to go. If you can login at this page, your userid + password is correct, and your account status is active. However, we already know from what you have written above, that your account status IS actually active. According to the reply of @Nestor Perez above, the voice server is sync'ed immediately, so in theory you should be able to logon to the voice server too. So...not much new information you will get. Please also note, that login to the dashboard is not a guarantee that you can logon to all network servers, since there is up to 24hrs delay after your password change, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Edited by Claus Hemberg Joergensen
  • Like 1

Claus Hemberg Joergensen

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Interesting... just tried logging in on another browser, and it's telling me my credentials are incorrect.

Ok... I'm going to try resetting again, wait 24 hours, etc. 

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

I read somewhere that there was some bug where un-banned users were able to log on to the FSD server but were not un-banned from voice

This was fixed already.

2 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

The error you're seeing has to do with being authenticated by the FSD server but rejected by the voice server

When this happens, the only possibility is that the password casing is incorrect. For those that are fully convinced it isn't, a password reset and retrying after some time usually fixes the issue.

31 minutes ago, Claus Hemberg Joergensen said:

I guess that the membership dashboard at https://cert.vatsim.net/sso/home/dashboard/  is the best way to go.

Note that the login to this dashboard is NOT case sensitive, whereas all new logins (voice, SSO "v2", etc...) are. Therefore, if you can log in at one place but not the other, this will most likely be the reason why.

• Like 1

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted (edited)

Ok, well, still not working & getting the same message:

[20:10:46] Network error: Invalid CID/password
[20:10:46] Error connecting to voice server. Please check your login credentials and try again. If your VATSIM account is new, please allow up to 24-hours for your account to completely synchronize.

Guess I'll have to open a ticket.  😞

Edited by Andrew Turner

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Don't open a ticket. I'll pass this post on to the AFV team to check.

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Nestor Perez said:

Don't open a ticket. I'll pass this post on to the AFV team to check.

Whoops... sorry, I opened one. The response basically just said to check to make sure my passwords match. 

It's the same as the one I use to log in here, correct?

Thanks!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yep!

Edited by Nestor Perez
  • Like 1

Me.

Andrew Turner
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks Nestor. I'll wait for a note.

cheers

Andrew

Adam Turner
Posted
Posted
On 8/14/2020 at 9:15 PM, Andrew Turner said:

[20:10:46] Network error: Invalid CID/password
[20:10:46] Error connecting to voice server. Please check your login credentials and try again. If your VATSIM account is new, please allow up to 24-hours for your account to completely synchronize.

Doesn't the first error indicate FSD connection failed, and the second that voice connection failed?

Adam Turner | VATSIM Membership Manager - North America

Posted
Posted
On 8/13/2020 at 8:29 AM, Alejandro Padilla Valderrama said:

Hi Nelson.

As I changed yesterday the password, and my CID has reactivated on Monday, and the error still appear.

I reinstalled the vPilot and also a Simconnect, FSUIPC, nothing works here.

Please help me.

Thank you.

@Nestor Perez, Any updates about it, please?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Inactive accounts not being able to connect was fixed the day after being reported here

Check my next message

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.