You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

wich ports Vpilot use for conection?

Eduard Gasull

Eduard Gasull
Posted
Posted

wich ports Vpilot use for conections? or how to know it? 

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

As per Ross' post, I don't believe any ports are required to be opened these days:

Tomas Hansson

Eduard Gasull
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tomas Hansson said:

As per Ross' post, I don't believe any ports are required to be opened these days:

thanks, but is not required for the softare but in my residence they want to know wich port they use.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The regular network connection uses port 6809 on the server. The local port is random. For voice, I'm not sure which port is used. The AFV team will have to answer that question. You might want to ask in the AFV forum.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Eduard Gasull
Posted
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

The regular network connection uses port 6809 on the server. The local port is random. For voice, I'm not sure which port is used. The AFV team will have to answer that question. You might want to ask in the AFV forum.

Thanks so much for that value info. i will ask on the AFV conection.

but for example if im having conection problems with the voice serverdue reason "lost server conection". This is becuase im lossing  network conection or audio server conection? Thanks by the way for the info.

We belive the network firewall of my residence is bloking the conection. Causewith wifi i have this problems and not when im conected to my phone network.  Thats the reason that IT of my residence needs to now which ports is this software using. 

Edited by Eduard Gasull

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's hard to say without context ... can you post a screenshot of the vPilot window showing the error and any surrounding messages?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC