You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

How to leave a discord server?

Michael Krause

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi all,

thought for once I'd be an early adopter and connected to discord but realized afterwards that it connected the wrong account. If I now check the settings on the Community Hub it tells me the following:

To unlink your discord account and link a new one, you first need to leave all Discord Servers you have joined through the community hub

Which I would love to do but I see no such option...

Cheers
Michael

Craighton Miller
Posted
Posted

You need to leave the server from the Discord app or Discord.com then visit community.vatsim.net and unlink.

Craighton Miller (1273399)
Marketing & Communications Team

spacer.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I've kicked your account from the server. You should now be able to relink the new one.

• Like 1

Me.

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hm... I'm a bit puzzled now - the kick (thanks!) seems to have worked but after trying another join it linked again to the wrong account (not mine - same Nickname but different #) and wasn't even asking me for the account this time.

@Nestor Perez can you please give me another kick. 🙂

Edited by Michael Krause

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Done. May I suggest you enter the Community Website in Incognito mode to avoid this from happening again? 🙂

Edited by Nestor Perez
  • Like 1

Me.

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted (edited)

Incognito mode on Firefox - endless "join server - getting usernames" - waited 10 min.
Incognito mode on Chrome - it automatically connected me again to the wrong ID... 🤬
what the ... am I doing wrong here...? 😵
I'm now doing try&error on the discord page to find any email I might have ever used to create another account to reset password there but so far no luck...
Any ideas highly appreciated.

Edited by Michael Krause

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Alright, try this:

1. Enter https://discord.com/app in your browser
  2. Search for this icon on the left sidebar: imagen.png.a9adb11ee907e8efbe6416b7b1c97a44.png
  3. Right click on it and press "Leave server"
  4. At the bottom of the sidebar press this button (it may look slightly different in your browser): imagen.png.1669fc4bb35222490d6c7151c30c9bca.png
  5. Click on "Logout": imagen.png.e9c34800fc1cbc3fb17d1811e89a033e.png
  6. Head over to https://community.vatsim.net/servers/settings, refresh the page and link a new account 🙂
Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

I already left the server, same case, wrong Discord account logged in on the browser.. but now I'm trying to rejoin, but can't. Clicking "Join Server" and nothing happens. 

Also when I open the Settings page, it just looks like this.

Annotation 2020-08-14 204115.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The problem has been resolved.

Do as Nestor wrote: leave the VATSIM server, log out from Discord in your web browser, join again through the Community Hub. If it's wrong again, go again to the Community Hub to change the user name and then RELOAD the community hub to see if it has an effect.

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Ok that was harder than I thought as above also didn't help but thanks for the quick direct help via discord @Nestor Perez and @Andreas Fuchs

• Like 1

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Romano Lara said:

I already left the server, same case, wrong Discord account logged in on the browser.. but now I'm trying to rejoin, but can't. Clicking "Join Server" and nothing happens. 

Also when I open the Settings page, it just looks like this.

Annotation 2020-08-14 204115.png

Any ideas for this issue?

Still unable to join. Clicking join server repeatedly yields nothing.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Some Admin may need to check the Discord server for your VATSIM ID and kick you before you will be able to try again.

Have you tried the above as well? Logout from Discord web browser version etc.?

Fabrizio Pascucci
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi

Normally Discord on the browser create a new account and you can claim it afterwords.

This make a mess in case you already use discord as an App or an exe.

If join Vatsim with this system you fall in this trap, and you can't logout and kill this account  in vatsim ssd.

I my self fall right now in this mechanism and I can't fix.

I get used to join server like those link

Edited by Fabrizio Pascucci

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

@Fabrizio Pascucci Hello! Could you please follow steps 1, 4, 5 and 6 above in that order?

Me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Romano Lara said:

Any ideas for this issue?

Still unable to join. Clicking join server repeatedly yields nothing.

Romano, when you open the website, can you press "F12" on your keyboard and then select the "Console" tab? Once this is done, try clicking to join a server. Do any errors appear in the console?

Me.

Fabrizio Pascucci
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nestor Perez said:

@Fabrizio Pascucci Hello! Could you please follow steps 1, 4, 5 and 6 above in that order?

Thank's for reply

I am sorry but this is what I got!

image.png.0155a43541a13dd63764eac5c2834f84.png

The ID recorded by vatsim is not mine, I try all my email to recover this ID but I can't find.

My real ID is Simbio#1742
image.png.cc29dce9fd14a8ad5174ae26263d1384.png

Any way I contact the support of discord and hope to sort-out this situation

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Do you have any email address linked with your Discord account? If yes, then log in using that and let me know what you see 🙂 

Me.

Fabrizio Pascucci
Posted
Posted (edited)

The ID recorded by vatsim is not mine, I try all my email to recover this ID but I can't find.

When I try to add a friend with this ID it dosen't exist

My ID is another Simbio#1742

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Sorted @Fabrizio Pascucci with a quick call on Discord. Anyone else? 😛

Me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Affirm

Me.

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Nestor Perez said:

Romano, when you open the website, can you press "F12" on your keyboard and then select the "Console" tab? Once this is done, try clicking to join a server. Do any errors appear in the console?

Hi Nestor,

Tried this, still won't work. 😞 Clicking any of the 3 name options yield nothing. See screen shot.

Annotation 2020-08-15 085358.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I am currently travelling for the next 2 days. I'll reach back out to you when I'm back so we can have a look at it together.

Cheers,

Me.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Actually... @Romano Lara, can you log in to the website and once logged in go to https://community.vatsim.net/auth/discord/login manually?

Let me know if that works, please.

• Thanks 1

Me.