You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FPS tanks in FS2020

Luke Bennellick

Luke Bennellick
Posted
Posted

Hello all, this is my first post here so hope this is the right place! I have a lot of experience with the PilotEdge network but wanted to try out Vatsim as it is global.

As soon as I combine vpilot and fs2020, my fps tanks. We're talking 10fps or so, totally broken. I was wondering if this is a known problem? I understand the sim literally just released, but was curious if people have been beta testing the service / have any suggestions?

In addition, is this all I need? I run vpilot and that's it, all the models and everything are internal to the sim?

Thanks 🙂

• Like 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Luke, thanks for taking the time to post about this. It is indeed a known issue. It is a problem with the release version of MSFS, and it wasn't an issue in the alpha and beta versions. We have notified the Asobo dev team and they are working on it. I just put out a new version of vPilot that warns users of this issue. I will put out a new version when Asobo has resolved the issue and then that warning message will no longer appear.

• Like 3

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Luke Bennellick
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Thanks for replying to me. I'll wait for the fix then 🙂

Many thanks for your work on the client. It's very much appreciated.

Luke

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

• Like 1

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Luke,

That's why the PilotEdge client hasn't been released for FS2020. We're waiting for the sim frame rate issue to be resolved first. We were equally surprised to see the issue crop up because, as Ross has stated, the issues didn't exist in earlier alpha/beta versions.

Luke Bennellick
Posted
Posted
On 8/18/2020 at 4:22 PM, Keith Smith said:

Luke,

That's why the PilotEdge client hasn't been released for FS2020. We're waiting for the sim frame rate issue to be resolved first. We were equally surprised to see the issue crop up because, as Ross has stated, the issues didn't exist in earlier alpha/beta versions.

Makes sense - thanks Keith.