You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS Vpilot Error

Dickson Tang

Dickson Tang
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I have FSX:SE installed and vpilot was working fine for me. However, it does not work for me on MSFS2020. I receive this error  "The active simulator was not found when Vpilot scanned your hard drive for available aircraft model. you will need to repair your simulator installation before using Vpilot with this simulator"

Can you guide me on this? Thank you.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Hi Dickson,

Can you show me a screenshot of the vPilot messages area where it shows the name and version number of the connected simulator?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dickson Tang
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the quick reply! Here is the screenshot

image.thumb.png.c98e89535d111eb61951ec1aeddfa414.png

"[08:28:16] Connected to simulator: KittyHawk (11.0.282174.999)" If it's a little too hard to read

Cheers.

Edited by Dickson Tang

Dickson Tang
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

My guess is they changed the registry information that vPilot uses to detect the sim. If you are comfortable with the registry editor, please take a look and see if this key exists:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410

Within that key should be a subkey called InstallLocation, which contains the path where the sim is installed.

If that key doesn't exist, please check to see if there is a similar one nearby perhaps with a different Steam App number.

I realised my folder was also named Chucky like the other users commented in that topic. I changed it to MicrosoftFlightSimulator just like the others and it works perfectly now.

image.thumb.png.f7007e600ce2c7bdc3ffaf90bddf0751.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Dickson, what does the InstallLocation value contain, in your registry?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I just put out 2.6.2 which should resolve this without needing to edit the registry.

Dickson Tang
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Dickson, what does the InstallLocation value contain, in your registry?

Previously it was D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Chucky but I changed it to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator

Dickson Tang
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

I just put out 2.6.2 which should resolve this without needing to edit the registry.

Thanks Ross for your hard work 😊