You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MsFs2020 Vpilot Error - Failed To Create Aircraft UAL08

Jack Chandler

Jack Chandler
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi there, I keep getting the below message constantly pinging in Vpilot. Not sure what to do about it or if its just unique to me but felt best to post it here just incase. 
image.png.e6f059b7d1ce290c683a84279a4c8634.png

Edited by Jack Chandler

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

which sim is this with,

if it is MFS then there is no modelmatching so it is likely that the model doestn exists in the default database.

Jack Chandler
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

which sim is this with,

if it is MFS then there is no modelmatching so it is likely that the model doestn exists in the default database.

Apologies! Yes its MFS2020. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Jack, which version of MSFS did you install?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jack Chandler
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Jack, which version of MSFS did you install?

Hi Ross, I have the Premium Deluxe edition, from the Microsoft Store not Steam. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Evidently that model is not included in the release version. I have removed it from the model matching configuration. You should get an update to version 2.6.2 when you next run vPilot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jack Chandler
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Evidently that model is not included in the release version. I have removed it from the model matching configuration. You should get an update to version 2.6.2 when you next run vPilot.

Thanks Ross! I appreciate your help! 

Loving FS2020 and Vatsam! 

See You In The Skies! 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Jack, are you experiencing the frame rate drop and stuttering when flying on VATSIM with MSFS currently?

Garett Keeler
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Jack, are you experiencing the frame rate drop and stuttering when flying on VATSIM with MSFS currently?

I am, a lot of stuttering. Any ETA on the fix?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

No ETA yet ... this is something that needs to be taken care of by Asobo, so we just have to sit tight. We'll definitely let the community know once we know something.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
William Fisher
Posted
Posted

Necrothread!  (sorry, but better that than open another topic):

image.png.29af8b8dc74c1453da1400d6e1d9b060.png

Premium Deluxe Edition of MSFS2020, JUST downloaded everything to the default location in the file system.  Got a bunch (not all DA62 and Skyhawks), restarted vPilot, got just these.  Restarted vPilot again, got just the Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo error.  Which doesn't mean I wouldn't get the DA62 Asobo error.

• 3 weeks later...
Elias Stassinos
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't have problem to just use one default aircraft for everything , but it seems i cant get that also....I am too getting the above mentioned error and at some point of time (aftyer5-10 mins of conenction) i loose the other aircraft from sight. comms are ok.

AI and multiplayer is off.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings

image.png

Fred van der Ende
Posted
Posted

As a new member I tried to connect today from msfs2020. After initial succes and first contacts with the controller I got disconnected with the ‘failed to create aircraft error’, when trying to reconnect it happend again. What do I need to enter in the ‘default aircraft’ section in settings? The dropdown is empty. I was flying the Cerenado Mooney.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Fred van der Ende said:

As a new member I tried to connect today from msfs2020. After initial succes and first contacts with the controller I got disconnected with the ‘failed to create aircraft error’, when trying to reconnect it happend again. What do I need to enter in the ‘default aircraft’ section in settings? The dropdown is empty. I was flying the Cerenado Mooney.

Please post the full error message.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

There seem to be a very large number of new users who don't understand that the default model is what vPilot will use to represent OTHER pilots as, IF it cannot determine a more suitable matching aircraft for that pilot -- and has NOTHING to do with what the user him/herself is flying.

I know this is covered quite well in the documentation but would it be worth adding a "What's this?" link to the dialogue window -- and/or an "Are you sure?" warning when changing it, noting that it doesn't correlate to the user's aircraft selection? 

I know that's more user-handholding that should be stomachable, but, seeing the same question multiple times a week is getting exhausting...

Just a thought.  It might help weed out the "RTFM" posts from those with legit model-matching errors. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've considered that, Rob, but this issue is more nuanced than most people realize, and I am working on a better way to handle the default model situation that will remove that text box and completely sidestep the issue as a result. One option I'm considering is to show a searchable dropdown list of models instead. And I will likely change the label to something like "Default model to show other users as when no suitable match is found:"

Note that the reason this is coming up so often now is because vPilot doesn't currently have any way to scan for installed models with MSFS. With FSX and P3D, if you put in something that is not a valid model, like "C172", it shows you an error and won't even save the change. That error message helps clue people into the fact that it's a model, not an aircraft type code. (Some people still think they need to put in the model that they're flying, like a PMDG model string, but that's far more rare.)

So with MSFS, since vPilot has no way to scan your models, it has to accept whatever you put there. Then people don't know it's wrong until they get the model matching errors.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

{...}  I am working on a better way to handle the default model situation that will remove that text box and completely sidestep the issue as a result.  {...}  With FSX and P3D, if you put in something that is not a valid model, like "C172", it shows you an error and won't even save the change. That error message helps clue people into the fact that it's a model, not an aircraft type code.

Aha.  Makes sense.  Good to know there's light at the end of this tunnel, lol... 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Fred van der Ende
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

There seem to be a very large number of new users who don't understand that the default model is what vPilot will use to represent OTHER pilots as, IF it cannot determine a more suitable matching aircraft for that pilot -- and has NOTHING to do with what the user him/herself is flying.

I know this is covered quite well in the documentation but would it be worth adding a "What's this?" link to the dialogue window -- and/or an "Are you sure?" warning when changing it, noting that it doesn't correlate to the user's aircraft selection? 

I know that's more user-handholding that should be stomachable, but, seeing the same question multiple times a week is getting exhausting...

Just a thought.  It might help weed out the "RTFM" posts from those with legit model-matching errors. 

It would probably also help to attach an extra side note in the docs for msfs2020 users. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Until I find time to redo the model matching settings as I described above, I changed the label on the Default Model text box to make it more clear. I also added a "Reset" button that sets the value back to the original value set by vPilot.

These changes are in v2.6.8 which is currently only available in the Beta updates channel, so it won't hit everyone until I mark it as Stable, but I'll do that soon, as long as I don't get any bug reports from Beta users.

Edited by Ross Carlson