You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't connect (MSFS)

Calum Stevens

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

Hello all. 
It's been a while but obviously the buzz around MSFS im keen to get back into it. trying to connect to Vpilot I get this. Credentials shoud be ok? Same I used to sign into forum. 

Capture.PNG

Robert Wakefield
Posted
Posted

I'm having the exact same problem.

First time trying to connect so not sure what's going wrong.  Have double-checked password and CID.

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted

Me too

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

This is what the FAQ says. 

1. Joining, reactivating or changing passwords in the last 24 hours. The database synchronization happens with the voice and FSD servers multiple times a day, but that can mean if you are trying to log on within 24 hours of joining, reactivating or changing passwords, that the server you are trying has not received your updated membership information yet. You are welcome to try other servers to try to find one that has been synced. Also note that the voice server synchronizes at different times than the FSD servers, so it's entirely possible that you can connect to an FSD server (i.e. flight/ATC server), but not be able to use voice, only text. We announce multiple times during the registration, account reactivation, and password change processes that it can take a minimum of 4 hours, and up to 24 hours (although normally much less), for new/updated membership information to be passed to all servers, including the voice server.

2. Copying and pasting the password, and inadvertently copying an extra space character (e.g. at the beginning or the end). Sometimes, when copying in Windows (maybe other OSs too but I don't know) an extra space character is copied and you can't see that when pasting your password.

3. Using wrong password characters when some characters look alike (e.g. one vs. lower case L (l), upper case i (I) vs. lower case L (l), etc.

4. Not using correct capitalization for your password. The FSD server ignored that, but the AFV server requires correct capitalization, so it's possible that you can log onto the network but not voice if using incorrect capitalization in your password.

If in doubt, suggest completely clearing out your password field and very carefully typing in your password, using care to ensure any required capital letters are capitalized.

But none of that applies to me (i think) unless my account is "off" or something from not being usedi n a few years? 

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted

I have also followed those steps, without any success.

My user ID is correct in the vPilot settings, without any trailing or leading spaces, and password has the correct number of characters, after copy/pasting the same details that got me into my account.

Can this message also mean that the server is full or unavailable?

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

I tried a few different servers. Can't be full because a quick check of vattastic shows not that many pilots on right now 

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

Ok I think I figured it out. My account must have been marked in active. Makes sense, it's been years. Fix it here https://my.vatsim.net/reactivate

James Drake
Posted
Posted

@Calum Stevens @Robert Wakefield @Paul Thomas Yes, my suggestion was going to be to make sure your accounts were active. That's what happened to me.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

@Robert Wakefield and @Paul Thomas, your VATSIM accounts are inactive, that is the reason you cannot log on. Go to https://my.vatsim.net/reactivate to reactivate. Keep in mind, it can take between 4-24 hours after reactivation until you are able to log back on again. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

Definitely worth adding this info to the "can't login" FAQ. 

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted (edited)

Still not working for me, got an email 9 hours ago saying i could log in "shortly". Not sure what that means. 

Edited by Calum Stevens

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thank you all very much for the help.  I've done that and will check later today, when I get on my sim PC.

Can I ask though and I've possibly missed something in the basics guides, as I got an email, with CID and Password, last Saturday, when I joined for the first time.  Was that not confirmation that my account had been activated and if not will my account be deactivated every 4-5 days if I don't connect?

Thanks again

Robert Wakefield
Posted
Posted

Mats - thanks for the info.

I guess I'll just have to sit and wait patiently   🙂

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Robert Wakefield said:

Mats - thanks for the info.

I guess I'll just have to sit and wait patiently   🙂

8 hours to go lol

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted

I've managed to get in, so all's good.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Paul Thomas said:

I've managed to get in, so all's good.

Thanks again

Wonder if I am still doing something wrong. getting towards 24 hours here and still not working. I had to do a "forgot password" too so wonder if that is conected? I keep trying both passwords though. 

Paul Thomas
Posted
Posted

The Reactivation process does send another password, so make sure you use that one or the latest one if you've requested another.  Copy/Paste seems to work, so long as  you are careful to only select the visible chars. Double click does the job, and check the number of asterisks matches the number of chars in the password.

Good luck

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah, I've deleted all my cookies and re-signed in to vatsim. So I know which is the correct password (it's the latest one). But I am still inactive. thats just about 24 hours now. 😢 Says inactive. 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Calum Stevens

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Ah @Calum Stevens we've got a wider technical issue with the reactivate. 10 mins after you did it, it removed your active status. I have manually flagged you as active again as I can see the issue in logs. Please try to connect to the network before 2300Z to ensure this doesn't carry on overnight and I will work on a fix right away.

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

Thanks Matt! ill connect right now!

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Matt Bozwood-Davies said:

Ah @Calum Stevens we've got a wider technical issue with the reactivate. 10 mins after you did it, it removed your active status. I have manually flagged you as active again as I can see the issue in logs. Please try to connect to the network before 2300Z to ensure this doesn't carry on overnight and I will work on a fix right away.

Hmmm still wont connect. [17:16:03] Network error: Invalid CID/password
[17:16:04] Disconnected from network. 

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

well i got a bit further this time. I onnected for a few miliseonds it looks like. but then kicked? 

Capture.PNG

Joe Cannata
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem and I thought I reactivated 2 days ago

vpilot.PNG

Edited by Joe Cannata
added snapshot

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Joe Cannata said:

vpilot.PNG

It's painful, I'm desperate to get on lol. 

Nick Harasym
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Joe Cannata said:

vpilot.PNG

Joe, which servers are you trying to connect to?

Nick Harasym
Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer 
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
7JRF7kO.png