You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hot Mike with Honeycomb Alpha Yoke

• solved

Roger Curtiss

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I have used my Honeycomb Alpha yoke with vPilot for quite some time with no problems.

I used X-Pilot for the 1st time today and set up the same PTT button the yoke.  It worked all too well as ATC reported I had a hot mike.  The button itself is not sticking and I experimented with another button the yoke to use as PTT with the same result-mike stays open regardless of action taken.

I have resorted to using a keyboard key to xmit but it is not as efficient or handy as the yoke button.  Curious as to whether anyone else is experiencing this issue with the Honeycomb yoke.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

VP-Virtual Airlines & Special Ops

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Was one of your switches in the "on" position when setting your push to talk key?  Did it perhaps detect that switch as your push to talk instead of the button you intended?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

I do not believe that to be the case.  I pressed the button to choose the PTT assignment (button on back side of the left yoke horn) which is what I have been using in FSX and XPilot registered the button as the PTT assignment.  The problem was that once I transmitted it did not release on the frequency even though the button clearly was no longer being pressed or in the pressed position.

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hey Roger,

When you pressed the “Set PTT” button, did you see if anything got assigned before you pressed the button in the yoke? I’ve had this issue several times (using another device), and I found out that it could take me up to 3 tries until I pressed the “Set PTT” button and no key got automatically assigned until I pressed something.

Me.

• Board of Governors
Roger Curtiss
Posted
Posted

It remained as "None"until I pressed the button which then showed as "Joystick Button 14" in XPilot.  But I also noticed that when I press the "Clear Current PTT Assignment"button the assignment will jump to "Button 16", "Button 18", "Button 20", etc.  

After reading your message I kept cycling the button and it went thru to Button 27 and then to Joystick Button 1 which is the reference X-Plane uses for that joystick button.  I did a voice test with that assignment and it works just fine.   Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Roger Curtiss

VATGOV12

r.curtiss(at)vatsim.net

810159.png810159.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Awesome! Glad to hear that 1) You got it working and 2) It doesn't happen to me only!

Me.

• 2 months later...
James Atkinson
Posted
Posted

Happening to me right now, super annoying. The problem is the switches on the Alpha flight controls have a button for the on and off position. So when you set the PTT button it grabs one of the ones that's being pressed. 

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

If that is the case, try setting your PTT several times without touching anything. The first few times you try it, it will probably get magically set. Keep trying several times until the program doesn't read any inputs and just waits for you to enter one; only then you will be able to press your desired PTT and it should work fine then :classic_smile:

Me.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

What buttons are you guys using?

You need to use one of the push-buttons! The most realistic button is the one that you can use with your left index finger and PTT can be configured with it just fine.

Honeycomb-Alpha-Flight-Controls-PTT.jpg.9cafa87e88b25ffe01cdbe407623c5a5.jpg

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

You could also just program the PTT within X-Plane itself by binding the XPilot Toggle PTT command to the button in the X-Plane joystick settings.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png