You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

RESOLVED: Disconnection from Vatsim with FSD socket errors

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I've recently experienced regular disconnects in my pilot clients, both in xPilot as in Swift. The errors are FSD socket errors and I've had this on several servers (Both US servers, both Germany servers, both UK servers). On the Canada and Singapore servers also, but my connections remain active longer. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there anything I can do my end to eliviate this issue? Thanks!

Update: here is a speedtest via Megapath just after a disconnect with socket error...

Bear in mind I'm connecting from Europe.

638956228_Megapathspeedtest.thumb.jpg.c97d709db1617e93a9bf60cc759cbb40.jpg

Kind regards,

Edited by Kin-Shing Dave Tchang

Dave

Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 20H2).

XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, Swift.

• Kin-Shing Dave Tchang changed the title to RESOLVED: Disconnection from Vatsim with FSD socket errors
Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Just an update on my FSD socket error disconnects that I was having a couple of days ago. Issue is fixed. After a lot of testing, it turned out to be a hardware problem. More specifically it was a faulty desktop switch in my network which I have had to replace. No more disconnects with FSD socket error. What a relief. 😅

Kind regards,

• Thanks 1

Dave

Laptop: MSI GT62VR 7RE Dominator Pro i7-7700HQ 2.8 (3.54 turbo) Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM@1200Mhz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, Windows 10 Home (v 20H2).

XPv11: Orbx & OpenSceneryX Libraries, Ortho4XP, SimHeaven X-Europe, Orbx TE GB South, Swift.

• 4 months later...
Dor Yovel
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem.

How did you find it was a hardware problem?

All my home network is working OK

Kin-Shing Dave Tchang
Posted
Posted

Hi,

By extensive testing and a process of elimination. All my home network was also working OK, or that is what I thought. But after the extensive testing proved otherwise! Found out that my desktop switch was the culprit. When I connected my laptop (wired network connection) network cable directly to the router, the problem went away. So the only thing that was connected between the router and my laptop was the desktop switch. Went out and bought a new desktop switch and reconnected everything and the issue was resolved.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dave