You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Pilots file wrong aircraft type/equipment code

Serge Morabito

Serge Morabito
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello there,

Since a few days, you can see FP's being filed with weird aircraft types:

image.png.734e725a97846042fa4c7ac97d961798.png

Reason seems to be what's indicated on the Vatsim prefile page:

image.png.57fe83a53a6138b54376d8c9bf27ec05.png

Not only is this wrong, this also makes the atco's life harder, because Euroscope or whatever ATC client, can't determine the correct type anymore. Probably is the 'Special Equipment' not the whole equipment string of the aircraft, but the FAA equipment code, as specified in this Vatsim document.

Strange this is happening since a few days, but you can see it everywhere.

No idea what needs to be done, but i guess it needs something?

grtz,

27MD

Edited by Serge Morabito

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted (edited)

No, the "problem" is that the Vatsim PreFile page you show is no longer directly linked from the vatsim.net mainpage but a new myVatsim page which uses ICAO style FPL format and put this data into the old field which now is hardly usable until our software is updated. See also this thread which sadly has moved into "what is a correct callsign?" topic (which is also valid but wasn't the intention of the original poster). We still lack ANY announcement from official side why this was obviously rushed out without even developers like @Ross Carlson not being informed about it.

Simbrief jumped onto that option to simply use ICAO format so everybody prefiling via simbrief is now using this style.

This is the prefiling page you reach from vatsim.net via pilots - file a flightplan:
https://my.vatsim.net/pilots/flightplan

Cheers
Michael

Edited by Michael Krause
  • Like 1

Serge Morabito
Posted
Posted

OK, i've never used that page, and didn't even know that my.vatsim.net existed....

That's indeed strange, although we had the impression of things having to be rushed more than once lately.

Let's hope it catches SOMEone's attention who can do something about it!

thx for the info, good to know, @Michael Krause!

grtz,

Serge