You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Annoying Buzz Sound

Cezare Robles

Cezare Robles
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Guys, 

Recently fired up xplane and noticed a very loud buzzing sound. After some testing, I found out it occurs in every aircraft. I also found out that it starts several seconds after I start up xPilot and connect to VATSIM. I first thought it was an issue with xplane but am now starting to think that it's something with xPilot. Here's a link to a screenrecording of the sound: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TVQPexYZM5mDcQPh55Yr112sWOe9RM9v/view?usp=sharing 

Thanks.  

Edited by Cezare Robles

Jack Meakins
Posted
Posted

I can confirm this issue also. Very annoying!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

You must have another plugin installed that is causing this. xPilot does not inject any sounds into the sim.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Jack Meakins
Posted
Posted

@Justin Shannon Hi, and thanks for the information. The only plugins I have are NavigraphSimlink, BetterPushback, FlyWithLua and xPilot. The issue arose immediately after updating xPilot a couple of weeks ago.

• 4 months later...
Tamas Matko
Posted
Posted

Same here. Absolutely annoying and very loud. After I updated xpilot it started. No options to even find what this sound is.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

If it sounds just like the video that Cezar posted, then you have another AI plugin that is injecting engine sounds (because xPilot does not have any CSL object sounds). 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS