You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

1.3.30 crashing X-plane

Malcolm Grant

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

First time out with the latest xpilot and xplane 11.50 b11 and it crashed on me. Have got the log and crash report.  Can't attach a zip, do you want them as pdfs or will extracts do.

Malcolm

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I need the raw files, please. Upload them to a file sharing website like Google Drive and share the link.  

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

No problem I’ll do it in the morning 23:00 in Uk now. 

Daniel Blasig
Posted
Posted

Try to update all of your (Vulcan-)critical addons like:

AviTab to version 0.3.21

LittleXPConnect to version 1.0.19

Best regards

Daniel

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

I’ve been a bit stuck on b11 as the following ones were a bit iffy and then I went sailing. Have now got r1 in my test environment and will upgrade the other plugins as you suggest. Wasn’t using it last night but I think there’s an update for as4xp also. Will do some testing around Manchester or Gatwick although they don’t like VFR very much, see if I can do a 1 hr plus flight with some ATC, I think I was getting a notification when it actually crashed. 

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

Upgraded to rc2 along with LNM , AviTab, MoveVR, ASXP and everything seems fine. Haven’t installed latest xPilot yet though. 

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

I assume my problem was running 1.3.30 with b11. So upgrading everything has sorted it, had xplane and xPilot running for around 2 hours last night. Would have installed latest xPilot but only found about it 15 min before joining a group flight so didn’t want to change anything at the last minute. 
Thanks  for your input.

malcolm

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, but your crashes had occurred always right after connecting to VATSIM when xpilot tried to inject traffic data into X-Plane. We had exactly the same happening to one of our users who was running X-Plane 11.50rc1 or rc2. The culprit was LittleXPConnect version 1.0.18.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Malcolm Grant
Posted
Posted

My b11 sim crashed after xPilot had been running for about an hour. 
If LNM is a bit suspect I don’t need to run it while using xPilot, don’t use LNM when flying VFR in VR. 

Malcolm