You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SimBrief Flight Plans Not Downloading To VATSIM

Nelson Hoffman

Nelson Hoffman
Posted
Posted

I have created flight plans in SimBrief and use the button at the bottom of the creation page to pre-file with VATSIM.   About a week or so ago I started running into an issue where the GND or TWR controllers advised there was no F/P for my aircraft.   Has something changed recently?  Anyone else run into this issue?

Thanks.

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

The new prefile system, which simbrief now uses, only needs you to prefile once and not a second time for example in vpilot. In The old system a user generally did two filings and the one through the pilot client would enter the system much easier. This sometimes was advised when the website was having issues.

Nelson Hoffman
Posted
Posted

I do not file a second time once I connect to VATSIM.   I file only through Simbrief at the very bottom of the page using the "Prefile on a Network"  option.   I have been filing using this method since November of 2019 when I moved to X-Plane.

• 3 months later...
Robert Vanderkam
Posted
Posted (edited)

Did you get this sorted? I'm using the Airbus 320 FBW mod which allow simbrief plans to load directly into the FMS and show on the MCDU. But now I can file with VATSIM and file with MSFS2020 ATC and I'd like to know how people are making the best use of Simbrief. Thx

EDIT: I see you're talking about filing on VATSIM, but I keep thinking everyone uses vPilot. Mea culpa.

Edited by Robert Vanderkam

Rob Vanderkam

Canadian Virtual Airlines (CVA) - in operation since 1997

955.png