You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Extremely frustrated trying to get started

Robert Wakefield

Robert Wakefield
Posted
Posted

Hi.

I've been trying to get connected to VATSIM now for almost a week.

First of all my account was set as inactive, and this has now been resolved.  I appear to be able to partially connect using VPilot - so my account and password seems to be fine.

However - now when I attempt to connect (usually to the UK-1 or UK-2 servers - but same happens everywhere) I get the following message:

[21:36:23] Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden - )

So I can see the available controllers, but I can't communicate, and can't hear anything.

I have noticed other people have reported the same issue, however I haven't seen any solution that has worked yet.

Can anyone advise?

I am on Windows 10, using VPilot for FS2020.  Yesterday I made sure that my firewall was allowing VPilot through.  I also disabled the firewall and antivirus altogether, restarted my PC and tried again - and the same thing happened.

If anyone can help it would be massively appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi Rob,

have you cross-checked your password? If I remember correctly the server connection isn't case-sensitive but the voice connection is which can lead to such issues that it looks like you have the correct password but in fact it's incorrect. Give it a try.

Cheers
Michael

• Like 2

Robert Wakefield
Posted
Posted

Hi Michael.

You, sir, are a genius.

My password did indeed contain a 'j' which was upper, not lowercase (the font on the email made it indistinguishable).

I assumed both would be case sensitive - how strange.

Anyway - thanks for your help - much appreciated!

• Like 1