You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New VPilot Update

Othniel Alexandre

Othniel Alexandre
Posted
Posted

I just got an update for vPilot this morning. Is this the one that allows MSFS without the FPS issue?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Othniel Alexandre said:

I just got an update for vPilot this morning. Is this the one that allows MSFS without the FPS issue?

the fps issue is a simconnect issue which MS/asobo are fixing. tomorrow they are announcing more details about the upcoming patch that might include this bug.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Othniel Alexandre said:

You will know that they've fixed the bug when vPilot no longer shows the popup warning when it connects to MSFS.

Note that the vPilot update will not fix the bug. The bug is in MSFS, not vPilot. So it's possible that they'll fix the bug before I'm able to get a new version of vPilot released which removes the popup warning. So there may be a short span of time where vPilot still shows the warning, even though Asobo has fixed the bug in the sim and made the patch available.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted

I think Asobo have abandoned the idea of supporting simconnect tbh. Otherwise I dont understand how it can take them weeks for what should be a simple fix. 

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

We have to wait and see what will be in the upcoming patch.

Calum Stevens
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

We have to wait and see what will be in the upcoming patch.

Fix for simconnect could have been pushed out in a 3Kb hotfix at anytime. It's obviously not a priority for Asobo, if it was why wait to bundle it into a large service pack. I'll be suprised if it's in there.

John Golin
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Calum Stevens said:

I think Asobo have abandoned the idea of supporting simconnect tbh. Otherwise I dont understand how it can take them weeks for what should be a simple fix. 

Well the SDK is Simconnect so I don't think you have to worry about that 🙂

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Calum Stevens said:

Fix for simconnect could have been pushed out in a 3Kb hotfix at anytime.

Where does that information come from?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC