You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Best MSFS configuration (ONLINE)

Mika Servian

Mika Servian
Posted
Posted

Hey, does any one know which is the configuration on network terms in MSFS? I refear to the people who shows you the game. If I select all the people, i'll see the people flying on MSFS, but not sure if the Vatsim one's. And also if I see the MSFS players, and the Vatsim ones, I wouldn't know who of them I must consider.

If anyone can help me i'll be so grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

regarding live traffic i would put that option to group

Mika Servian
Posted
Posted

Yes, maybe that's the best one, but how to see the vatsim traffic? Just opening the vPilot program?

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mika Servian said:

Yes, maybe that's the best one, but how to see the vatsim traffic? Just opening the vPilot program?

well currently MSFS has a simconnect issue that wasnt in the beta versions. once that issue is resolved i think we shall see more people using the new sim.

Edited by Koen Meier

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

VATSIM automatically injects traffic no matter what setting you are on, but we recommend you turn off the AI and other multiplayer traffic. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Mika Servian
Posted
Posted

Okey thank you guys for all the replys.🙂✈️

Georgios Gatzakis
Posted
Posted (edited)

It makes sense to disable all AI and Live Traffic on MSFS to really only see VATSIM Traffic. Maybe for the future a "nice to have" would be if vPilot could  identify MSFS group flights. This means, all members of a group that are connected via vPilot will be shown natively on a VATSIM flight. So injection does not come from vPilot, but from MSFS then. This will avoid strange lagging and have the native msfs group flight experience with fluid movement of the planes still in place. I havent tested it yet, but i guess if you do a group flight with "Group Only Visibility" enabled, and at the same time all group members are connected to vPilot, this will double inject the models?

Edited by Georgios Gatzakis

Mika Servian
Posted
Posted

I just diabled IA traffic, real traffic, and Only see member group, and that was working. 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Georgios Gatzakis said:

if you do a group flight with "Group Only Visibility" enabled, and at the same time all group members are connected to vPilot, this will double inject the models?

You can use ".ignore {callsign}" to disable vPilot injection for any aircraft.  That way you'd only see them injected via MSFS Multiplayer. 

• Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png