You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Latest download v2.6

John Dunbar

John Dunbar
Posted
Posted

I have tried to download the latest update to vPilot v2.6 each time I try MS defender blocks the download. When say I will keep it try to download with not look.

image.png.422c016750c229ddea0811ccb0224295.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Did you download the installer from the web site, or is vPilot updating itself when you run it?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

John Dunbar
Posted
Posted

Went to vatsim site, vpilot software for P3D and MSFS 202 and FSx. Click on vpilot which took me to the vpilot site, clicked the download which took me to the latest update.

image.png.fede9f663e89727ca7d38ee7e80ac811.png

Clicked on download and MS Defender showed error.

image.png.2f2515e1365321a4ff5c8c16d6b77d86.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's a different error. I'm asking about the error you posted earlier, where it said it couldn't open the file for writing. When that error occurred, had you downloaded the installer from the web site, or was vPilot updating itself?

You can ignore the second error if you are okay with trusting the file from my site. It's likely being flagged because the installer is not signed with a trusted code signing certificate. (That's a guess, but it's an educated guess.)

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

John Dunbar
Posted
Posted

Not sure what your are referring too. when you mentioned had I downloaded the installer from the web site, or was vPilot updating itself?  , I went to Vpilot site and downloaded from there.