You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS 2020 Radio Issue

Stuart Alger

Stuart Alger
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am having an issue with the A320 comms in MSFS 2020 where I cant select all frequencies.

For some reason it skips over xxx.x20, xxx.x45, xxx.x70 and xxx.x95.

This creates a problem when using vatsim / vpilot as I cant switch to the correct frequency.

Am I missing something obvious, or is there a way to switch frequency directly in vpilot?

Edited by Stuart Alger
Correction

Stuart Alger
Posted
Posted

Just seen the thread regarding a similar issue with a TBM930 in MSFS2020, will try the suggested fix mentioned there later.

Samuel Rey
Posted
Posted

Not sure why you can't switch in-aircraft, but as you say, there's a way to do it in vPilot. It's using the dot command .com1 FREQUENCY. You can also use .com 1 (notice the space) to enable the radio if that isn't being detected either.

spacer.png

New and want some help? Send me a message on Discord at GoodCrossing#4907!

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Samuel Rey said:

Not sure why you can't switch in-aircraft, but as you say, there's a way to do it in vPilot. It's using the dot command .com1 FREQUENCY. You can also use .com 1 (notice the space) to enable the radio if that isn't being detected either.

Thanks for this, the radio knobs on the Neo are a bit unwieldy, not sure if this is because of the framerate drop - good to know.

Will the radio frequency be "written" to the aircraft radio as well?

And... Is there a way to switch radio frequency by clicking the relevant ATC names in vPilot? I know this is not immersive as interacting with the aircraft radio panels, but again sometimes turning those knobs on the virtual cockpit is not easy. Dont forget (aviate, navigate, communicate).

Edited by Diego Vasquez

Samuel Rey
Posted
Posted

I believe the freq won't be 'written' to the aircraft; as using dot commands is more intended for cases where vPilot can't detect the frequency on the aircraft, so writing it in that case wouldn't be very successful. I don't think you can directly switch via the ATC list, though.

spacer.png

New and want some help? Send me a message on Discord at GoodCrossing#4907!

Stuart Alger
Posted
Posted

So this solution works and allows me to switch frequencies on vpilot as required.

It doesn't change the settings in the aircraft, but I can live with that for now - Im guessing fixing the radio tuning in the A320 is well down on the priorities for MSFS developers at the moment - more importantly the FPS issue is being fixed in next weeks patch.

• 2 months later...
David Millar
Posted
Posted

I have exactly same prob I wonder if it’s only on the a320

• Sad 1

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

In MSFS I've flown the default C152 and the add-on Carenado Mooney on VATSIM via vPilot, and radio frequencies do propagate normally from the sim to the pilot client.

On the Mooney, the Transponder panel does NOT -- but again, the commands built into vPilot offer a workaround until it's fixed.

• Like 2

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 1 month later...
Noel Anderson 1321903
Posted
Posted

I've also had ongoing issues with problem selecting frequencies using the selector in MSPS 2020 Airbus A320. One fixed works for me most of the time: On the MSFS taskbar at the top of the screen with an aircraft selected and running click the AI Control symbol (Pilot) and turn OFF Manage Radio Coms,  Now you can select an appropriate com frequency and vPilot should read the selection and display. If for some reason this doesn't work just enter a dot command in the text box and press the return key  i.e.  .com1  xxx.x (an appropriate frequency re 121.9) don't forget to put a period or "dot" before the command. You can also manually tune the #2 radio with the command .com2 135.5, etc.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Paolo Sirtoli
Posted
Posted
On 8/27/2020 at 5:37 PM, Diego Vasquez said:

And... Is there a way to switch radio frequency by clicking the relevant ATC names in vPilot? I know this is not immersive as interacting with the aircraft radio panels, but again sometimes turning those knobs on the virtual cockpit is not easy. Dont forget (aviate, navigate, communicate).

hi everybody

me too I'm interested in the function that propagates the selected frequency in vPilot to the A32Nx radio, since it's quite hard to manage the departure having to deal with aircraft, MCDU, radio knobs etc..

It's just a matter of settings or should I buy FSUIPC or similar utility?

Thanks!

Steven Nunes
Posted
Posted

I just had the same issue ... cant believe its been a bug for months now and hasn't been fixed COME ON!!!

Roger Hanson
Posted
Posted

Steven don't forget everyone here  are volunteers and do addons etc for free in their own time. The MSFS SDK is still not fit for purpose so thats another reason things take time.

Regards, Rog Hanson

• 4 weeks later...
Rob Gallavan
Posted
Posted

I reported the radio tuning bug via Zendesk. I can change frequencies 1 time on VHF1 and then the tuning knob will no longer work. If I switch to VHF2, I can change frequencies 1 time and then the knobs no longer work. Same issue when switching to VHF3. I can''t believe this bug hasn't been fixed as I have seen other posts in other forums about it. Makes flying the model in VATSIM almost impossible, save for the .com1 workaround.