You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Traffic Settings in Flight Sim 2020

Justin Zwecker

Justin Zwecker
Posted
Posted

What should my traffic settings be in Flight Sim 2020 so that when I am on the vatsim server I am only seeing planes that are flying on Vatsim. If I have other traffic turned on at busy airports wont it look like vatsim planes and regular planes are colliding with eachother and what not. How can i set it so that the other traffic is real airliners and not default planes from the game? I appreciate the help in advance. 

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

just set it to "Group" as you don't want to see actual "other traffic" but only vatsim traffic which is injected directly by the pilot client into the sim. The model matching is still lacking as there are not yet the necessary ai models available to for example display B727s or A340s etc. in the different liveries. This should improve over time.

Cheers
MIchael

Justin Zwecker
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Michael Krause said:

Hi Justin,

just set it to "Group" as you don't want to see actual "other traffic" but only vatsim traffic which is injected directly by the pilot client into the sim. The model matching is still lacking as there are not yet the necessary ai models available to for example display B727s or A340s etc. in the different liveries. This should improve over time.

Cheers
MIchael

Michael, Thank you for that. What would i choose for Air traffic setting? Live traffic, AI, or Off? 

Thanks, Justin

Didier Geisler
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, Justin Zwecker said:

Michael, Thank you for that. What would i choose for Air traffic setting? Live traffic, AI, or Off? 

Thanks, Justin

Off, "GROUP only"

Justin Zwecker
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Didier Geisler said:

Off, "GROUP only"

Thanks Appreciate it.