You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Interested in streaming ... what rules to follow?

Christoph Reule

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm currently looking at Twitch and how to stream a flight there. However, I'm not absolutely sure which rules (or guidelines) I need to follow...

I won't start with that right now, but don't want to get into "troubles" anyway... 😉

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

A18 - VATSIM welcomes members who wish to stream, record, or otherwise distribute their session for public viewing. 

(a) The online network conduct of the member during the stream/recording remains subject to this Code of Conduct. 

(b) If the member provides a link to their stream/recording either in their flight plan, or via other VATSIM operated medium, the entire stream/recorded session including informal mediums such as a stream chat are subject to this Code of Conduct.

(c) Members connected to the network who deliberately disrupt the stream/recording of another member are subject to immediate suspension from the network.

(d) VATSIM does not have the ability for its members to opt-out of being part of another members stream/recording.

...is what the COC has to say on the matter.

So if I'm not mistaken, this means that you are free to stream without further paperwork, as long as you keep playing by the rules, and if you post a link to your stream through any VATSIM channel, the scope of the COC extends to your use of the streaming platform.

23.png

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted

Thanks! 🙂

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Been streaming VATSIM flights for about 2 years, and VATSIM ATC for a few months.  Basically if you don't badmouth or harass anyone, nor allow badmouthing or harassment to occur in your stream chat, you're pretty much fine. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted

👍