You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model matching in msfs?

Eytan Ofir

Eytan Ofir
Posted
Posted

Had a look on the topics but did not find anything about model matching...

does somthing exist?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Luke Carter

• Aake Friman

• Andrew Purdie

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 32 posts

• Luke Carter

Luke Carter 14 posts

• Aake Friman

Aake Friman 11 posts

• Andrew Purdie

Andrew Purdie 6 posts

Popular Days

• Oct 22 2020

11 posts

• Oct 12 2020

7 posts

• Dec 29 2020

6 posts

• Aug 29 2020

6 posts

Popular Posts

Ross Carlson

I will eventually be teaching vPilot how to scan your installed liveries. Right now, it's not fully clear to me how to discover all community add-on liveries and models and how they interact and overr

Diego Vasquez

Thanks and apologies for being extremely specific... gotcha about models, what about liveries?

Matthew Bartels

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new.

Posted Images

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted

Currently only default models can be used.

Eytan Ofir
Posted
Posted
Just now, Koen Meier said:

thank you!

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Thanks and apologies for being extremely specific... gotcha about models, what about liveries?

• Haha 1

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Same deal ... vPilot has hardcoded model matching rules that use the default models and liveries. You can load a custom model matching rule set if you want to override the hardcoded default model rules, or if you have installed some third-party models/liveries that you want to use.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

You can use third party models by installing a custom model matching rule set. (A VMR file.)

If you don't load in a custom VMR file, vPilot will only use the default models and liveries.

Eytan Ofir
Posted
Posted

i will specify my question a bit more.. i was wondering if any 3rd party model matching program was allready available already.

thanks

Mats Wennberg
Posted
Posted

Is there a list of how to format the different aircraft models. e.g. How do we know how to input the King air. B350, B350i ?
I would have expected this to be a drop down menu.

t.i.a

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Format them where? What are you referring to?

Mats Wennberg
Posted
Posted
44 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Format them where? What are you referring to?

In vPilot > Settings > Model matching. 
The default model field, in what way do we format the model code we choose to fly that particular day?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's not what that field is for. Have a look at the documentation.

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi Mats,

I think this is the drop-down you are looking for - here you select the aircraft type you are using yourself:

kWgwIKp.jpg

Cheers
Michael

Lothar Gentzsch
Posted
Posted

For the near future: Can we expect a model matching with the FLAI- Modelset, like in Vpilot and SWIFT ?

Has anybody information for that ?

Cheers

Lothar

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new. Once that happens, there is no reason on our side that they would not be able to work on VATSIM with a new VMR

• Thanks 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Amir Parsian
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have installed some converted MTL files for MFS2020 that can be use in Vatsim however Vpilot doesn't read/search necessary folders. I remember we had a tool called "VMRGenerator" which could solve this issue but it is not available anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by Amir Parsian

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You could build your own VMR file manually.

Amir Parsian
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

You could build your own VMR file manually.

there are too many liveries and manually it would take ages, I wrote a programme in Vb.net to make the job easier but still I would of preferred the Vpilot auto search 😛

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I will eventually be teaching vPilot how to scan your installed liveries. Right now, it's not fully clear to me how to discover all community add-on liveries and models and how they interact and override with the official packages. Once I have that full understanding from Asobo, I will add the same scanning functionality for MSFS that already exists for FSX and P3D.

• Like 2

Amir Parsian
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Ross Carlson said:

I will eventually be teaching vPilot how to scan your installed liveries. Right now, it's not fully clear to me how to discover all community add-on liveries and models and how they interact and override with the official packages. Once I have that full understanding from Asobo, I will add the same scanning functionality for MSFS that already exists for FSX and P3D.

That would be great, thank you.

• 5 weeks later...
Andrew Purdie
Posted
Posted

I'd like to know how we can create a VRM to point vPilot to the community folder and access the converted liveries. This way, they can be used for Live, AI, Online, and Vatsim traffic. I've been searching the web, to no avail about how to create a custom VRM. I remember there used to be a VRM generator, which has since been taken down due to vPilot's integration of that software.

Dwane Gidden
Posted
Posted

Post removed. Violations of the terms of service for the model match set in use.  Sorry. - MB

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted
On 9/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, Matthew Bartels said:

if the freeware developers create the models and paints then I don't see why not. The issue right now is that the legacy models and paints from FSX P3D do not work with MSFS and thus must be made new. Once that happens, there is no reason on our side that they would not be able to work on VATSIM with a new VMR

On 9/9/2020 at 11:39 AM, Ross Carlson said:

Dear @Ross Carlson @Matthew Bartels

There is an effort already ongoing to bring FLAi models to FS2020, hopefully soon there will be enough out there to start chewing on it!

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-fslivetraffic-liveries-fsltl/297900/1

Current Status:

• Working model matching for FLAi aircraft in MSFS.
    • 99% of all aircraft have correct configs (including liveries).
  • Hand tested 20% of FLAi Aircraft. We have signed off on around 17% of them.
  • Assembled group of coders, modelers, and enthusiasts.
  • Assembled closed Alpha testing team.
  • Experimental AI Traffic flight plans FOR FLAi aircraft.
  • Adjusting rotate/flare parameters for each aircraft.
  • Like 1

Andrew Purdie
Posted
Posted

OH man, that seems incredibly complicated. I'm on the testing team for that traffic program above, and we'd really like to get this working with Vatsim. Is there no other way to point vPilot towards a specified folder other than using a custom VRM? That old VRM generator was perfect.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Andrew Purdie said:

Is there no other way to point vPilot towards a specified folder other than using a custom VRM?

As I mentioned earlier, I will be teaching vPilot how to scan for installed models in MSFS. (Which is exactly what VMRGenerator did, and is exactly what vPilot now does for FSX and P3D.) Asobo completely changed the file and folder structure for MSFS, so the old way that vPilot and VMRGenerator used is not applicable.

And it's VMR, not VRM. VRM is a voltage regulator on your motherboard. :D

Quite likely, the FSLTL team will create the VMR file for you, just like the FLAi team did.