You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What dose it mean when ATC say “revival” and then a number?

• atc
  • question

Ori Goldberg

Ori Goldberg
Posted
Posted

I can’t find anything that explains me what dose it mean when the tower tell me “revival 4” for example. Please explain me ;)

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Probably you misheard something, but without further context (what airport, what were you doing at the time, what sort of approaches were in use) we probably won't be able to figure it out.  Give some more info & we'll try. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi Ori,

can you maybe give us a bit more of context? Where was this - approaching an airport? enroute? during clearance?
It could be a SID or a STAR you have been cleared on - those usually consist of a waypoint name and a number and potentially a letter - but without context, this is all guesswork.

Cheers
Michael

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Is that the name of a departure procedure?

Edit: I see Michael already asked that ...

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ori Goldberg
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, so I was taxing in Gatwick in Taxiway J to runway 08R for take off And I contacted tower and then he said “Holding point J1 runway 08R, revival 5” 

Edited by Ori Goldberg

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not familiar with Gatwick but I'm rather sure this was some misunderstanding and the controller actually said something different. There are some SIDs with a 5 but all have letters afterwards as they are per-runway - in such a case just ask him/her back about that part. Maybe it was "number 5" or something about an inbound at 5 miles out or the QNH (1015 or 995?) or something totally different like joking with you if you had been disconnected several times before?... Likely can only be clarified but the persons involved or someone controlling EGKK. 🙂

Edited by Michael Krause

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if what the poster heard was actually not the Tower controller, but a pilot's readback of a taxi instruction by someone flying with a military tactical callsign like maybe "RVIVL5" or a fictional virtual airline using a callsign of "REVIVAL." 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ori Goldberg
Posted
Posted

So it was for sure the ATC but if next time I’ll hear him I’ll ask him. I wasn’t a pilot.. and thanks for your help appreciate it.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess he told you "(you are) number 5" or "QNH 1015" or  "hold (at) Juliett 5".

Check the ground movement chart of Gatwick: https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2019-11-07-AIRAC/graphics/142079.pdf

Edited by Andreas Fuchs