You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant open VRC for some reason (Screenshot)

Ben Zwebner 906832

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

error.jpg

I get this error everytime i try to open VRC.

1) I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it a few times.

2) I have been able to open it at times after a fresh installation, but once i close it, I get the same error the next time I try to open the program...

3) This started happening after i tried to install ASRC 1.2 (just to check it out) and since then, even good ole ASRC wont work...

any ideas?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What operating system?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I have no idea. That DLL should be a standard part of XP. It may have been corrupted or replaced by a piece of spyware or a virus or something. I'm totally guessing here ... anything is possible.

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks for your time trying to solve this, i really appriciate it..

I will try to find ways to work around it...

Andras Kiss 888081
Posted
Posted

Best bet would be to get that DLL off the XP CD or have a friend send you a working one and replace it. I had that happen on my SB3 computer, one day it gives me a bunch of errors that this DLL is missing. Got a copy off my other computer, stuck it where it was on my other computer and it works fine now.

Andras Kiss

NYARTCC Controller 3, NYARTCC Mentor

NYARTCC [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istant Webmaster

3.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Excellent idea Andras ... Ben, I would definitely do that. Just don't search the net for a replacement DLL ... you'll find lots of places to download it, and many of them will be trojan horse viruses, spyware, etc. Only take it from your CD or from a friend's computer.

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross...

It appears that windows has several of these MSVCRT.dll files and i am having difficulty pin pointing the "guilty party"...

Do you know which MSVCRT.DLL file VRC targets?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It should be in c:\windows\system32

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

If you were one of the lucky ones that got the original ASRC installer that avsim posted, this could have corrupted the dll registration for that dll.. get the new ASRC 1.2 installer that's available now, install that, and it should fix that problem.

Mike

Mike Evans

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
If you were one of the lucky ones that got the original ASRC installer that avsim posted, this could have corrupted the dll registration for that dll.. get the new ASRC 1.2 installer that's available now, install that, and it should fix that problem.

Mike

The problem started actually right AFTER I installed ASRC 1.2.

The DLL error happens when i try to open ASRC as well

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

As I said.. you probably got the bad installer that was up for a brief period... uninstall ASRC, redownload it from AVSIM (it's a different file now) and install the one that's there.. and it should fix your problem.

Mike Evans

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
As I said.. you probably got the bad installer that was up for a brief period... uninstall ASRC, redownload it from AVSIM (it's a different file now) and install the one that's there.. and it should fix your problem.

Did that an hour ago... no luck

I will replace the .DLL file that Ross said. I will lwet u guys know if it worked