You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Texture Issue when in cruise

Matthew Kemp

Matthew Kemp
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I have an issue with terrain textures when in the cruise. My PC doesn't load ground textures, meaning the ground is blurred. My sim then has a significant freeze, which can take up to 2-3 mins (very frustrating when flying online in busy airspace) while it loads the ground textures. On longer flights, this may happen several times as I cover a larger area. 

My PC system is capable, I'm running FSX Acceleration (disk version) on Windows 10 with 8 Gb RAM and Nvidia GeForce GTX 950M. A Medion P6661 to be precise.

I run FSX on fairly low settings and I have added "HIGHMEMFIX=1" to the FSX.cfg as well as lowering settings but this has not improved my issue. 

My FSX.cfg, settings, PC spec, addons and an image demonstrating the issue can all be seen in this Onedrive folder (deleted).

Does anyone have any ideas? This is a real killer for me at the moment 😭

Edited by Matthew Kemp

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Matthew Kemp said:

I run FSX on fairly low settings and I have added "HIGHMEMFIX=1" to the FSX.cfg as well as lowering settings but this has not improved my issue. 

Out of curiosity, have you already tried removing FSX.cfg and letting them sim build another one with default settings? (Of course, make sure to keep the current one somewhere else before you do this so you can revert back to it if the default settings don't resolve the issue.)

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Matthew Kemp
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Evan Reiter said:

Out of curiosity, have you already tried removing FSX.cfg and letting them sim build another one with default settings? (Of course, make sure to keep the current one somewhere else before you do this so you can revert back to it if the default settings don't resolve the issue.)

Yes, I reinstalled FSX recently to see if that was the problem but it didn't seem to help

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
Matthew Kemp
Posted
Posted

The problem was due to low memory space on my SSD. I moved all aircraft and add-on sceneries to another drive to free up 40Gb space on the SSD and I've not had the problem since. I read the SSD's lose performance once they're >80% full.

spacer.png