You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnection from voice server MSFS 20

Paul Gardner

Paul Gardner
Posted
Posted

Hey guys. I'm pretty new to this stuff so bear with with. I finally got connected to the Vatsim network on Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. With the latest performance hit, i thought it would be good for me just to sit at the airport and listen to radio chatter, (get a feel for it).

Every time I connect to the network, VPilot disconnects me from the voice server. I can still see Aircraft moving, I just cant hear anything. Doesnt matter what sever I connect to, I still get disconnected from the voice side of things. Any fixes?

Thanks for any help, its appreciated. 

Screenshot (36).png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

I get same.  At least your freq has changed colour.
msfs2020 updated

vpilot latest

connects to VATSIM ok, and can tune radio to atc, but only text.

voice server failed to connect.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hi gents!

This looks like none of the UDP is getting through. This is usually caused by some firewall blocking the packets or carrier grade NAT failure (basically something between you and our server).

Unfortunately there isn't much we can't help you with, since it's not an issue on our side. All we can do is ask you to triple check it's not a firewall doing its work and recommend you to contact your ISP provider if you are 100% sure it's not a firewall.

Me.

Paul Gardner
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Nestor Perez said:

Hi gents!

This looks like none of the UDP is getting through. This is usually caused by some firewall blocking the packets or carrier grade NAT failure (basically something between you and our server).

Unfortunately there isn't much we can't help you with, since it's not an issue on our side. All we can do is ask you to triple check it's not a firewall doing its work and recommend you to contact your ISP provider if you are 100% sure it's not a firewall.

Thanks for the reply mate! In my case this is Virgin. I'm pretty sure my firewall has allowed this, but I'll double check. How do I start this conversation off with my ISP? What do I need to ask them? 

Paul Gardner
Posted
Posted
43 minutes ago, Sean Harrison said:

I get same.  At least your freq has changed colour.
msfs2020 updated

vpilot latest

connects to VATSIM ok, and can tune radio to atc, but only text.

voice server failed to connect.

Let me know if you get it working my friend 

• Thanks 1

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks Paul, I didn’t think of Firewalls.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

May help appreciated.  I have updated vPilot and msfs to latest as of today.  I have checked port forwarding and seems to be ok for 3290.

something seems to be forbidding.

BD2E4BEB-3350-4A23-ADFD-C9D055336635.jpeg

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

That error is usually caused by incorrect capitalization. While the network servers don't care, the voice servers do 🙂

Me.

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks Nestor.  Is there a way to fix this?

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Yeah, just type your password with the correct casing. If you’re unsure of what casing that is, you can request a password reminder at https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/statcheck.html

Me.

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Thanks Nestor. 

Weird that the AFV client doesn’t worry about capitalisation in my experience.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Oh, it did, just in a different way. Now it looks against the actual correct password 🙂

Me.