You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Traffic Nametag using FS2020

Faisal Saleh Alquraishi

Faisal Saleh Alquraishi
Posted
Posted

Good Day,

Is there a way to show other VATSIM traffic nametags on FS2020?

Thank you.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Not that I know of, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. It is something I will be looking into in the near future.

• Thanks 2

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Faisal Saleh Alquraishi
Posted
Posted

Thank you Ross. Looking forward for a solution.

Geoffrey Drayson
Posted
Posted
On 9/5/2020 at 4:02 PM, Ross Carlson said:

Not that I know of, but I haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. It is something I will be looking into in the near future.

Hi Ross

Vatsim Aircraft tags would be nice...  but at the moment I cannot even "SEE"  other Vatsim aircraft  when in the Sim  (MSFS 2020)

(even tried see aircraft set out to 100nm, but  would not want it that far normally !!)

Looked but could not find  - what setting do I need to set in MSFS  to ONLY show Vatsim Planes  (ie  No real world and no MSFS generated AI) ?

Also, maybe I am missing it but it sure would be nice to be able to click on a "Controller in range"  frequency, and have it populate the radio  (standby Freq) for option either  Com1 or Com2   ( Like a Helpful Co Pilot !!!)

sig

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Geoffrey Drayson said:

Looked but could not find  - what setting do I need to set in MSFS  to ONLY show Vatsim Planes  (ie  No real world and no MSFS generated AI) ?

Set both multiplayer and AI traffic to off. VATSIM injects its own traffic into the simulator, and works independently of those. 🙂

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Geoffrey Drayson
Posted
Posted

Thanks .. just tried that .. works great.

sig

• 1 month later...
Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted
On 9/9/2020 at 12:49 PM, Geoffrey Drayson said:

Thanks .. just tried that .. works great.

Ross, I will add myself +1 for this feature request.

Q: Do you know what is the criteria (i.e., max distance) is applied to traffic injected by vPilot for it to display in the Sim's sky?

I did an oceanic flight yesterday, for the entire duration (6+ hours) I could see traffic around me on Vatspy, on littlenavmap and even with the .aircraft command; but no amount of squinting out of the cockpit nor zooming in the outside view allowed me to see any of it.

Except when in or around the origin airfield... so either the radius is rather small, or somehow the functionality is breaking after a while?

Separately: The SIM VFR Map is crap, does anybody know of a utility/inspector that would display SimConnect traffic regardless of source (AI/Online/Group or VATSIM)? At least this would allow me to tell if it is the case that *I* simply went nuts.

William Matos
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/25/2020 at 9:52 AM, Diego Vasquez said:

Ross, I will add myself +1 for this feature request.

Q: Do you know what is the criteria (i.e., max distance) is applied to traffic injected by vPilot for it to display in the Sim's sky?

I did an oceanic flight yesterday, for the entire duration (6+ hours) I could see traffic around me on Vatspy, on littlenavmap and even with the .aircraft command; but no amount of squinting out of the cockpit nor zooming in the outside view allowed me to see any of it.

Except when in or around the origin airfield... so either the radius is rather small, or somehow the functionality is breaking after a while?

Separately: The SIM VFR Map is crap, does anybody know of a utility/inspector that would display SimConnect traffic regardless of source (AI/Online/Group or VATSIM)? At least this would allow me to tell if it is the case that *I* simply went nuts.

Yes, I can help you with your issue. As soon as you connect to vPilot on MS2020, you CANNOT change the weather or time in the game. If you do so, vPilot will erase the other planes around you on VATSIM. To fix, restart vPilot and reconnect. After I tried this the other traffic stopped disappearing. I flew in the Chicago event the other day and saw multiple planes in the sky around me at all times of the flight.

See bug discussion here: 

Edited by William Matos
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
Axel Tato
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm reopening this topic. I cannot see any vatsim nametag.

In general option, traffic, nametags, it's on. 

I can see nametags when going on multiplayer normally (no vatsim). Then when I chose only group to go to vatsim, no nameplate shows. I can only see the aircraft but that's all.

Any ideas? I don't know what to do. It's really annoying when you are in vatsim and that the ATC asks you to follow an user nametag.

By the way, IA is desactivated.

I hope you'll be able to help me out. Thank you.

• Thanks 1