You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Showing Connected

Diego Vasquez

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

Today I started my flight, vPilot latest with FS2020, connected to VATSIM, filed my FP, there was no traffic around me (vatspy) so I departed.

30-45 mins into my flight, i noticed that I was not visible on Vatspy... i click the disconnect button and it said on red "not connected to the network".

So at some point I lost connectivity but nothing was shown on the vPilot log?

Restarting vPilot reconnected me immediately.

(?)

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If this happens again, take a screenshot of the vPilot window please. This will likely help me understand what's happening.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Ross.

If i could add... there were no error/red messages on the log that may have indicated an issue, I had been flying solo without knowing probably even before I departed.

Clicking the Disconnect button (even repeatedly) would not only log a "not connected" error, it would also not change the button itself again to Connect ! 

So the only option was really to close the vPilot client.

Ill try to screenshot next time if it repeats, hopefully the above paints a useful picture.

Edited by Diego Vasquez

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Sounds good. And when you get the screenshot, make the vPilot window as large as possible, ideally such that the entire message history is visible.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC