You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

i was taking the initial member exam and it timed out Can't retake exam

Richard Davis

Go to solution Solved by Don Desfosse,

Richard Davis
Posted
Posted

i signed up yesterday and was take the initial exam and was called away. When I came back I found I had timed out and went to retake the exam and found no option to do so. After a few hours I tried again and nothing. now more than 12 hours later still nothing. What should i do?

• Board of Governors
  • Solution
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hello, Richard,

The retake is there and waiting for you in the Exam Center.  It's automatically reassigned one hour after any test failure.

Go to my.vatsim.net and click on Exam Center on the menu on the left.  Or, just go to https://my.vatsim.net/exams

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Richard Davis
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much. Took and passed. Now to get over the nerves and move forward.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

Don't be afraid afraid to sound silly the first few times you key up.  We all did!  You only get better by doing it.  🙂

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr
  • Like 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

^^ What he said!  we are all human, we all put on our clothes the same way, we were all new once.  Start slowly at a slow and/or small airport.  Let the controller know you're new.  Chances are, they are too!  Welcome aboard!

Don Desfosse

• 11 months later...
Louis
Posted
Posted

I have this problem to could some one help me please

Louis
Posted
Posted (edited)

It will not let me resit the exam i failed

its been 10 hours pls help

Edited by Louis

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Louis, please open a support ticket at https://support.vatsim.net so we can help you out.

Cheers,

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

10 hours, Louis?  Perhaps a stretch?

You failed the exam at 1302Z.  It was reassigned at 1402Z. You (barely) passed it when you attempted to retake it at 1506Z.  Ten hours?  I count two.  And considering you began your second attempt at 1458Z, most of that delay was yours.  You posted this forum post after you completed the exam.   Did you ALSO not read the fact, presented to you SIX times during the registration process, that

If you have completed the New Member Orientation Program, but still cannot log on:

• We operate with a network of distributed servers, so it can normally take up to an hour for new/updated membership information and credentials to be passed to all servers. Within the first hour after completing your New Member Orientation, reactivating your account, or a password change, if your preferred server rejects your credentials, you are welcome to keep trying different servers until finding one that will work.  Normally within one hour (often much less), you should be able to connect to your preferred server (usually best to connect to a server closest to your location).  The servers are all interconnected, so all traffic and connections may be seen regardless of which server you connect to.

Sir, I would STRONGLY suggest you start reading and understanding and taking some personal accountability.  That is one of the keys to success in our community.

Taken P0 Exams

Passed Submitted On
No (73.33 %) 12 Aug 2021, 13:02z
Yes (80 %) 12 Aug 2021, 15:06z

Don Desfosse