You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Guide for model match troubleshooting?

Chris DeGroat

Chris DeGroat
Posted
Posted

Hey folks - are there any guides to troubleshoot model matching?  A friend and fly together often and hes typically in the Justflight warrior.  When we load in hes usually in anything but a piper, most times a cessna, other times the Grob G115.  Any ideas why that is, I have a handful of piper CSLs in my directory.

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Which CSL's do you AND your friend use?

Chris DeGroat
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Daniel Mckee said:

Which CSL's do you AND your friend use?

Ive tried the bluebell as well as the XCSL packages.  XCSL model matched him maybe the first 2 times on vatsim to a piper, everything after that has been random.  Both our setups are identical as I set it up for him for the most part.  Even lately for me, when I fly the TBM 900, first two times it picked the correct plane, now its picking random aircraft.  I figured once it model matched that would be the model it picks going forward, not seemingly random, although Im sure its more than that.  Im not changing aircraft type on xpilot when I connect either, I reuse the same reg # from the drop down.