You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift connection problem

Christ Ghazaryan

Christ Ghazaryan
Posted
Posted

Hello all
my swift client was working fine all of a sudden start disconnecting and giving me the AFV authentication failed. 
many idea ?

3F4BA8C3-4EB8-4097-994C-535F8434BCB9.jpeg

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Well, that error message masks out any details in the response from the voice server about why it is failing, so there is not much we can do other than guess...

I'm gonna guess it's just returning a "Forbidden" error, in which case I recommend looking through the other dozillion posts in this forum about it. If it isn't that and you manage to get the actual response from the voice server (the swift support team might know if there's any way to know) please let us know so we can help you out further!

• Like 1

Me.

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

First things I would check:

1. Are you on the latest swift version? If not, upgrade.
  2. Have you tried connecting to a different server? Sometimes, a server will reject your login, for whatever reasons, and just connecting to a different one solves the issue.
  • Like 1
23.png

• 11 months later...
Steve Stevens
Posted
Posted

The error message goes so fast you can't read it. Troubleshooting the same problem now with swift. We have three of us with the exact same credentials/user. Two have the same problem and the third, me, connects error free. I set up for one guy a new vatsim server connection and it worked fine. I think there must be a problem in the default vatsim server setup or it gets corrupt because one of the failed connections worked fine earlier in the day to vatsim.