Bug reporting topic: Invisible planes in MSFS

Hello all,

I currently have an issue with the visibility of the other planes. When I connect to the network, the others are visible for only a few moments, then they disappear.

I'm using the newest version of vPilot 2.6.6

I have turned the AI traffic and ATC completely off in the simulator.

Greetings

I have multiplayer and A.I settings both to off.  I few into a Class B airspace and ATC told me I was third in line but I saw no planes in the air nor did I see any planes on my VFR Map.  I'm using vPilot 2.6.7.  Also, not using any addons.

Edited by Elan Shudnow

So I think traffic actually may be working.  I just saw a plane takeoff at JFK.  I looked at Simaware and apparently a plane did just takeoff from that same runway at the same time I saw it while connected.  I guess the problem is, why aren't the planes showing up on my VFR Map?  And when I was landing in a Class B yesterday and was told I was third in line, I could not see any other planes in the air. 

• Board of Governors
On 9/15/2020 at 3:11 PM, Elan Shudnow said:

So I think traffic actually may be working.  I just saw a plane takeoff at JFK.  I looked at Simaware and apparently a plane did just takeoff from that same runway at the same time I saw it while connected.  I guess the problem is, why aren't the planes showing up on my VFR Map?  And when I was landing in a Class B yesterday and was told I was third in line, I could not see any other planes in the air. 

That's a whole other issue. The TCAS and traffic maps do not pick up VATSIM traffic as they haven't been programmed to do so. This is a good topic to submit to zendesk.

Matt Bartels
VP: Marketing & Communication
## vpmkt (at) vatsim.net
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own and not representative of the official opinion of the VATSIM Board of Governors

Hey!

I did some flying in vatsim with my partner and we noticed a problem. During longer trips (20 minutes or more) so when we land we do not see each other at all. What could this be due to? It is not the intention that online traffic should disappear. Someone who has an idea or solution. Because this does not work in the loins. I useing 2.6.7 and still i have the problem.

Thanks in advance

On 9/16/2020 at 10:14 PM, Matthew Bartels said:

That's a whole other issue. The TCAS and traffic maps do not pick up VATSIM traffic as they haven't been programmed to do so. This is a good topic to submit to zendesk.

Dear Matthew, could VATSIM also try to escalate these type of issues to Asobo/Microsoft through the FS2020 partnership?

And if not, what type of partnership is it then?

• Mats Edvin Aaro changed the title to Bug reporting topic: Invisible planes in MSFS
9 minutes ago, Diego Vasquez said:

Dear Matthew, could VATSIM also try to escalate these type of issues to Asobo/Microsoft through the FS2020 partnership?

And if not, what type of partnership is it then?

I am sure they are aware, but I can't imagine it being a very prioritized case there now.. 🙂 I'm sure it'll all come eventually!

Mats Edvin Aarø
General Manager - Member Engagement
Supervisor Team Lead: Team 4
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

16 minutes ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

I am sure they are aware, but I can't imagine it being a very prioritized case there now.. 🙂 I'm sure it'll all come eventually!

I agree it would be wishful thinking to hope that an issue like this could be made by anybody their top priority right now.

I am however, not sure that they aware of it - at least not as we understand it: that VATSIM traffic is virtually invisible without it properly showing up in aircraft radar units and TACAS systems. I am creating my Zendesk report as we speak write.

That's why I asked... is VATSIM actively engaging Asobo/Microsoft through their partnership, so that we don't end up just hoping for "it all coming eventually" ?