You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

BA Virtual for MSFS2020? Pilot Certification?

Paul Kroeger

Paul Kroeger
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I'm new to VATSIM and flight simulation, and I thought it would be a good idea to sign up for a pilot training program so that I don't get in the way when flying on VATSIM. According to the VATSIM website BA Virtual offers all levels of VATSIM pilot certification. I'm a native English speaker living in Europe, so I thought that would be a good match. It seems like the other certified organizations are in other languages and don't offer as many levels of training. But apparently BA Virtual doesn't support FS2020 yet. Have any of you done anything with BA Virtual yet? Do you guys know if there are plans to support FS2020 in the future? Or are there more organizations that will be certified by VATSIM in the near future?

Thanks for any input!

Riyad McCollin
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

I'm one of the Directors at BAvirtual - you are more than welcome to join us at BAvirtul for training, flying and to become part of an ever growing community of pilots and aviation enthusiasts alike. In terms of MS2020 support, the VA will be supporting FS2020 soon shortly within the next week as we were waiting for some tech issues to be sorted out from Microsoft and in our custom-built ACARs system with data reporting from the airframes which we offer flights for in the VA. 

If you have any questions you can find more information on our website, or feel free drop me a message if you have anything further.